Tooth like object

jnicholes

Mar 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

I was out fishing yesterday on the snake River, when I found these on the ground. One of them looks to be like a tooth of some kind, and the other one seems to be a part of some kind of bone.

To be honest, I don’t know if it is a tooth or not. The other one, I know is a bone. Can anyone help me figure out what these are?

Picture is here.

image.jpg

If you need an exact location of where they were found, I will give it to you.

Jared

Kind of looks like a fish tooth to me as well.

Upvote 0
Size would help. The scapula looks like maybe a squirrel - but if it's a foot long probably not.

Upvote 0
Looks like it could be a fish Jawbone called the Cleithrum. Not sure of the species, but possibly one of the many catfish or carp.

Upvote 0
If you need an exact location of where they were found, I will give it to you.
Jared[/QUOTE

Why would you turn something so essential into a game? Not even going to give us a clue what country to research ?
Maybe it's a kangaroo bone, maybe it's a harbor seal bone, maybe it's a kapok tree thorn.

If we eliminate the rest of the world and only focus on North America, even that leaves a lot of trees and animals to consider when trying to identify a stick and a shoulder blade.

Snake River (Renfrew County), tributary of the Ottawa River in Ontario
Snake River (Yukon), a tributary of the Mackenzie River
Snake River (Nome, Alaska)
Snake River (Colorado), tributary of the Blue River
Snake River (Elk River), tributary of the Elk River in Minnesota
Snake River (Michigan)
Snake River (Nebraska), tributary of the Niobrara River in Nebraska
Snake River (Red River of the North), tributary of the Red River of the North in Minnesota
Snake River (St. Croix River), tributary of the St. Croix River in Minnesota
Snake River (Massachusetts)

Upvote 0
Looks like it could be a fish Jawbone called the Cleithrum. Not sure of the species, but possibly one of the many catfish or carp.

Good eye. And I agree with some type of catfish.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back