What's new

Torn between a Garrett Pro Pinpointer and a Detector Pro Pistol Probe

C-Weed

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2009
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Springfield, PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark, White's DFX-300
As a follow-up to my earlier detector question, I also want to get a new Pinpointer and wanted to hear what eveyrone had to say.

I am going to either get a Garrett Pro Pinpointer or a Detector Pro Pistol Probe.

After my research and watching the field tests, I am leaning towards the Pistol Probe. It looks like you get fantastic depth with this choice.

Even though the price is about $ 30.00 more than the Garrett, I think it will be worth it in the end. I talked myself into believing that it would pay fpr itself by finding enough coins...amazing what I can talk myself into:)

Just wanted to hear some suggestions and thoughts.

Thanks!!!
 
I actually prefer the Harbor Freight pinpointer only costs $16.99
It works much better then my Whites Bullseye II.

And if something happens to it, it's dirt cheap to buy a new one.
 
I currently own a Vibra Probe which I purchased about 1-1/2-years ago
but alas. . . it's always good to have another probe just in case.

So, last month I decided to get a second probe and like you, was torn
between the Pistol or the Pro Pointer. Based on 80% of my hunting situations,
which are primarily in the woods, and usually in wet and muddy conditions,
I bought the Pro Pointer. I was extremely impressed by how well it was made
in terms of its design, ruggedness and size and it's pinpointing depth is
absolutely perfect for the type of areas I hunt.

My main concerns about the Pistol Probe are the wet hunting conditions
it would be subjected to, its large size and lastly, I didn't want it drawing any
unnecessary attention from on-lookers thinking I was carrying a firearm.

Hope this helps,
watercolor
 
I think while I have a little extra cash, I'll go for the Detector Pro and get either a VibraProbe or the Garrett as a back-up later on.

Wasn't sure about the Detector Pro's waterproofness, thanks for confirming !!

Thanks
 
I LIKE THE PRO-HUNTER.BEST I HAVE 3 DIFFRENT ONES.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom