Trade Axe?

OneWetKnee

May 26, 2013
New Brunswick, Canada
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I returned to the French Indian fort on my family land where In 1749, during the Indian War, Charles Deschamps de Boishébert had his headquarters.
220px-Marquis_de_Boishébert_-_Charles_Deschamps_de_Boishébert_et_de_Raffetot_(1753)_Mc.jpg

After several letdowns with 1800s axes, I found one more promising. Although in horrible shape and just barnacled with rust could this be my first Trade Axe.. I will leave it up to you experts.
IMG_1291.JPGIMG_1290.JPGIMG_1289.JPGIMG_1288.JPGIMG_1287.JPGIMG_1286.JPGIMG_1285.JPG

I also hit this little monogrammed silver ring with a gold face.

IMG_1284.JPGIMG_1283.JPGIMG_1282.JPGIMG_1281.JPG

Upvote 6
Beat up trade axe for sure, looks like a job for a bit of restoration work.

I like the old iron, great find.

Probably should have just edited my post, but I wanted to add something. I would definitely do electrolysis on that, clean it up the right way, tag it, and keep it with a photograph of the site. That way someone down the road won't think it's a piece of junk and throw it away. I would be more excited about one of those than all the danged old coppers I've been finding lately.

No doubt on that one my friend. Congrats:hello:

Thank you all for letting me know what I have, I will definitely do some electrolysis on it. What is the best way to preserve it after I get it cleaned up?

I don't know anything about the axe, but the ring is cool

Yes a trade axe and better shape then the one I found yesterday... congrats

I think that you really be dealin now.................HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back