Traded Colonial for Civil War - CS and US buttons in less than 1 hour!

HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Decided to kill the only hour that I had this afternoon and boy am I glad I did. Dug two .69 balls, a damaged large ball button (nail driven through the shank and through the face) a button back and two flattened buttons (look like poker chips) with one being a general service eagle button and the other a Virginia! I did not have too high of hopes although this was where I dug the breast plate at the other day. It now looks like a camp is there some where...I will find it. In less than 5 hours at this site I already have a Breast Plate and a VA button!

Attachments

• 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    862.8 KB · Views: 103
  • 1b.JPG
    1b.JPG
    736.1 KB · Views: 130
Upvote 7

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are a very well rounded equal opportunity hunter my friend. The poor colonial hunters and the civil war guys are thinking "hey brother leave some for the rest of us, can't you go hit tit lots for awhile or something?"lol. GreAt stuff buddy and that place is hiding a hell of a hot spot

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, Dan! If you found that in an hour, I can't wait to see what you find after a full day of hunting.

OP
OP
HomeGuardDan

HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are a very well rounded equal opportunity hunter my friend. The poor colonial hunters and the civil war guys are thinking "hey brother leave some for the rest of us, can't you go hit tit lots for awhile or something?"lol. GreAt stuff buddy and that place is hiding a hell of a hot spot

Well I grew up digging and spent the first 15 years solely looking for CW stuff, the last 12 years has been solely colonial but I always find time to get a CW fix in. I just love history. The only digging I don't do is beach hunting...unless it is a colonial beach he he

OP
OP
HomeGuardDan

HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, Dan! If you found that in an hour, I can't wait to see what you find after a full day of hunting.

Thanks man, this one is so close to the house that I am working it just a little here and there, but after today I believe I will spend a bit more time ... turns out that the button back is most likely from a Louisiana!

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
The next thing you know a pit's gonna turn up in there. I guarantee if one is hiding in that spot you'll find it. Nice hunt buddy!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Where do I look for those lots, Abe?:icon_scratch:

Great hunt Dan.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where do I look for those lots, Abe?:icon_scratch: Great hunt Dan.
Oh just grab your 2 dollar bills and sneak some singles in there and you'll be able to find one in no time. Look for the bright lights and maybe some monkey bars.... or is that brass poles lol. Sorry to take your thread in a very strange and unintended direction Dan. One little letter can change everything lol

OP
OP
HomeGuardDan

HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh just grab your 2 dollar bills and sneak some singles in there and you'll be able to find one in no time. Look for the bright lights and maybe some monkey bars.... or is that brass poles lol. Sorry to take your thread in a very strange and unintended direction Dan. One little letter can change everything lol

OH I was just going to say go to the nearest dairy farm....

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang Dan, that site is turning out to be a gem. People go to paid hunts and can only wish to make finds like that. I can't wait until you find the fire pit!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread