What's new

Translation anyone??? need help I.D.ing Flag/Japaneese

tokenhead

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2006
Messages
848
Reaction score
65
Golden Thread
0
Location
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone!!! i was hoping to get a translation of this banner i recently got...i was told it may be an advertising banner or better yet a "going to war" farewell.whatever the case may be,i just want the translation.
Thank's all&HH!!!
 

Attachments

  • Picture 1611.webp
    Picture 1611.webp
    23.9 KB · Views: 572
  • Picture 1609.webp
    Picture 1609.webp
    32.5 KB · Views: 560
SUSHI 5 YEN.....I couldn't resist...Sorry....No idea.. :tongue3:
 
Upvote 0
looks like an advertisement banner
 
Upvote 0
Scottso said:
looks like an advertisement banner
That's exactly what it is!!! something about boots&socks,thanks for the input! :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
jgas said:
SUSHI 5 YEN.....I couldn't resist...Sorry....No idea.. :tongue3:
No problem...funny but its an advertising banner for some store in japan! :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
I'm a little rusty with Kanji but the top translates to something along the lines of "Japanese most powerful"

The rest I can't really decipher.
 
Upvote 0
I've shown more than once on Tnet that my Japanese translation ability sucks... :-[ but I think the 3 characters in the lower right column mean "sports shoes". The big characters in the middle are MA RU O. It MAY be the brand but I really don't know. :dontknow:

I found a pic on a Japanese site that is a very similar advertisement only on a metal sign. No caption on it but it was under the category "Footwear" on the page.

The page is here: http://canquest.web.fc2.com/horo.09seikatu1.html The pic is near the bottom.



DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
DCMatt said:
I've shown more than once on Tnet that my Japanese translation ability sucks... :-[ but I think the 3 characters in the lower right column mean "sports shoes". The big characters in the middle are MA RU O. It MAY be the brand but I really don't know. :dontknow:

I found a pic on a Japanese site that is a very similar advertisement only on a metal sign. No caption on it but it was under the category "Footwear" on the page.

The page is here: http://canquest.web.fc2.com/horo.09seikatu1.html The pic is near the bottom.



DCMatt
Thanks alot DCMatt,you have done other translation for me...thanks :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
allen_idaho said:
I'm a little rusty with Kanji but the top translates to something along the lines of "Japanese most powerful"

The rest I can't really decipher.
Thank you,Sincerely... :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
Here is what my nefew from Japan told me
Across the top it says "Japan is the strongest!", then the biggest bit down the middle says "Maruo" which is the company name. The bottom left reads "Jika tabi" which is a type of socks, and the bottom right is "Undo gutsu" which means sports shoes. So you've got a great big ad for sports socks and shoes.
 
Upvote 0
Marc(NB) said:
Here is what my nefew from Japan told me
Across the top it says "Japan is the strongest!", then the biggest bit down the middle says "Maruo" which is the company name. The bottom left reads "Jika tabi" which is a type of socks, and the bottom right is "Undo gutsu" which means sports shoes. So you've got a great big ad for sports socks and shoes.
Cool THANK'S ALOT!!! :icon_thumright:I'll have to look into the CO.(Maruo)and find out their history.This look's a little older(not in pics!),ayway thanks again and i'll mark it solved real soon!Sincerely...
 
Upvote 0
This is an ad board, often (now) found in the Japanese countryside, advertising the "strong sports shoes" by the name of Maruo. Here is another example of such a ad board http://inakawalker.ciao.jp/other/kagura.htm

Hope this helps!
 
Upvote 0
Tokenhead..I hope it's not dirty...I just sent a copy to my 14yr old grandaughter on Okinawa. She has been studying the language for nine years.
 
Upvote 0
kenley said:
Tokenhead..I hope it's not dirty...I just sent a copy to my 14yr old grandaughter on Okinawa. She has been studying the language for nine years.
:icon_thumright:,as a grandparent also,feel at ease it's NOT "dirty" just an ad for work or sport shoes...thanks for input!&HH!!!
 
Upvote 0
It's a shoe store flag/advertisement, but it's not popular in Japan. It's out of the way, and is a construction worker shoe store. :laughing9:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom