Traveling from Texas going to Wisconsin... Good places to hunt along the way?

cdsieg

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2011
WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,
I will be leaving Northeast Texas early March and will be taking a week or two to get home to Wisconsin. I will be camping along the way and looking for places that I can metal detect.

I can take any route and will go out of my way for really cool places to detect! The only stop I plan to make on the way is Crater of Diamonds State Park.

I would appreciate any tips!

Thank You!

Rad1sh

Sep 22, 2019
Olympia, Washington
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex White Coinmaster ( Burghandy)
Garret Ace 250 Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stop at all Buc-ees!

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Follow IL Rt.3 from extreme southern IL northward along the Miss. River. The river is on one side of the road and Shawnee Nat. Forest is on the other. It is legal to detect in Nat. Forest. The Spanish controlled the MO side and the French the IL side. Very early colonial time period artifacts can be found between Cairo and Quincy IL. Gary

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You’re....COMING BACK? WHY??:laughing7: It SUCKS here now and will still suck by the time you get back! My advice...go SOUTH!

OP
OP
cdsieg

cdsieg

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2011
WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Follow IL Rt.3 from extreme southern IL northward along the Miss. River. The river is on one side of the road and Shawnee Nat. Forest is on the other. It is legal to detect in Nat. Forest. The Spanish controlled the MO side and the French the IL side. Very early colonial time period artifacts can be found between Cairo and Quincy IL. Gary
Thank You SO much!!! I will map that out! I am now much more excited to go home!!!

OP
OP
cdsieg

cdsieg

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2011
WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You’re....COMING BACK? WHY??:laughing7: It SUCKS here now and will still suck by the time you get back! My advice...go SOUTH!
ROFLMAO! :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread