What's new

Treasure Coast Beaches Sunday am

wyobuck

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2009
Messages
63
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Location
Orange City, FL
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000, Xterra 705, Explorer, Surf PI DF, Nokta Impact, Whites/Garrett 24K, TDI, Tesoro, Bandido II, Sand Shark, Garrett Infinium LS.
Got down to the TC beaches yesterday morning at 6:30 am, first one there. Stopped by Corrigans site first. Found a few cuts, see the first 2 pics, but not much in the sand, just a few nails and one bullet. This was interesteing because it looks like it has been there awhile, but was only down 6 to 8 inches. I am not a balistics expert, but it looks like it was fired into the sand.
At Wabasso the cuts were giant, but didn't remove enough of the replenished sand. I always find nails there, but yesterday nothing, and I am running a Surfmaste PI DF. The third shot is infront of the Disney Resort at Wabasso. The Cabin wreck at Ambersand and McClarty Museum had no cuts to speak of. By the time I left just after the afternoon high tide, sand was back in and quite mushy.
If you want to follow the Treasure Coast conditions, go to the link below, it has more info than you can absorb!

http://treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com/



between turtle and seagrape.webp
 

Attachments

  • Looking twrds the turtle trail access.webp
    Looking twrds the turtle trail access.webp
    61.7 KB · Views: 737
  • Disney resort at Wabasso.webp
    Disney resort at Wabasso.webp
    34.6 KB · Views: 752
  • DSCI0028.webp
    DSCI0028.webp
    14.2 KB · Views: 748
Upvote 0
awesome pics!!!!!! yes, i visit his site daily. :icon_thumright:
 
ha. ha. looks like mother nature is making short work of all the sand that has been trucked in the last few years.

im hoping someday the county idiots will give up and let the coast be natural.

who are the biggest wheels behind this huge waste of time and money?

the local wealthy landowners?

HAS THE BIGGEST beachpark right in the main town there finally reopened?

cant rem the name but 8 miles s of mclarty museum.

the one with the rusty gates thats been under construction seemingly forever.

id like to get back to this area. but with half the access points closed

its hard to find parking.esp anywhere near disney
 
I was there two weeks ago and all I found were a few fish hooks and pennies. Got little more than nails in front of the Wabasso resort, for the obvious reasons.

Cleanest beaches I've detected in a long time.
 
I hate seeing that, because it means that all that sand is now on top of all the water targets... Same thing on many beaches on the west side..
 
I hear ya SS, in Englewood, not a peep in the water... sand too thick...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom