Treasure Diving Season is coming!!

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hi folks- this is your weekend Search & Salvage/Caribbean Treasure Salvors report. I promise not to make it too long.
Thanks to all the backers who have come aboard to make this all possible. We will do our best to make this 3 year project to find the missing 1715 treasures something to remember and be proud of being a part of.
Business news: I have 5% left unspoken for, so if you want in, NOW is the time. As soon as we start digging in a week or two, the price goes up. A LOT. Right now...$2K per 1%. As always, backers from this year get first shot at buying in next year.
>The 25' pontoon dredge boat gets water tested Monday morning. Again. We've been plagued by some transmission adjustment issues, but I think we have that whupped. If so, it is a matter of loading the gear on and refining our dredging techniques.
>Carib has a couple of work days left in the yard. We need to flush out the transmission and refill it, change out a bilge pump and switch and tidy up a few things.
>ShowDown is getting closer and closer. This week is Welder Week. With a little luck and continued good working weather, we'll have the fab and welding finished up. The blowers, the top and the ladders will be completed. We still need some bottom paint slapped on, engine and hull zincs changed, prop shaft packing changed and all the various water intake screens cleaned up...THEN we paint the new aluminum with KiwiGrip paint and haul ass back to Captain Butcher's where we will be doing some finishing touches. Captain Edward Picton Stevens will be lending a hand aboard as will New Guy Tony Eidson and myself. We may well have another Famous Treasure Finding Person aboard as well. We shall see., When I know, you'll know.
I could still use a couple of experienced treasure diving people who would like to be a part of the show. This project just keeps getting better.
>Now for the big finish: Sampson is coming! Our 98 feet of American steel "mother of all motherships" is going to be coming to our shores in the next couple of months...well...our anchorage anyway. She's going to be quite a project for next fall and winter, but hey...she's going to be a HUGE asset with 6 staterooms, dive tank filling services, galley, etc. We'll anchor her out for the most part with an occasional trip to the dock to pick up gear too heavy to transfer by boat.
So...if you want to be a part of this circus, either as a backer or crew...LET ME KNOW! The time is now! Today's the day!!

1  .jpg 164348470_5247119182026487_3114639860605601872_o.jpg 7 23 16 pic b.jpg ! Carib by Gidus (1).jpg turning in the stuff.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread