What's new

Treasure hunting in Chicago

midnightcaller

Full Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2005
Messages
120
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Snohomish Area
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab
Iam going to be in the Chicago area in May.What are the rules for treasure hunting in the city of Chicargo? Do I need a pemint for the parks and what about school yards?
 
far as i know(and thats not much)no permits in chi-town
 
someone just told me that cook county forest preserves are off limits? I haven't been bothered once yet. Whatever you do, don't play soccer in the park, you;ll get a tix :icon_scratch:

I'm serious about the playing soccer in the park, i'm sure you heard. :thumbsup: HH
 
Forget the parks but there ok to hunt.
Find a few nice older houses and ring the doorbell and ask..
You will have much better chance of finding good stuff..
Send me a pm when your in the area and I just might have an older house lined up...
I'm going to Iowa in the middle of May, for a couple days, and I will be doing some doorbell ringing out there myself. ( 1850's to 1920's houses)
I have permission to do an 1876 School House already lined up out there.. But I still want to do the older houses.
Try that route..
 
Parks are good, old houses are the best.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom