What's new

Treasure Hunting in Germany

rpeters5

Tenderfoot
Joined
Feb 28, 2008
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Does anyone know if a permit or permission is required to hunt the beaches of Northern Germany? I will be visiting a friend in June this year and would like to hunt along the north sea coast. thanks.

Bob
 
Bob, no doubt someone can come up with dire sounding laws for any and all european countries. It would be the same for the USA, if a foreigner were about to come here, and asked "is metal detecting allowed in the USA?" He might see ARPA, or hear of mel fisher's hassles, read about state parks or whatever, and might conclude "gee, I guess there's no md'ing in the USA"

All I know is this: there are German guys posting old coins they find there. So obviously it's going on. Maybe it's just like it is here: If you were raiding obvious historical sites, asking dumb questions, showing off ancient coins to archies, etc.... then, just like here, you can probably find people to tell you "no you can't"
 
Watch out for WW2 unexploded ammo.
 
I hunted Germany for 3 years (while stationed there in the Army) (late '90's) and never had any problems. Of course, for the most part I hunted rural areas and small towns and such. Anyway, I was never even approached by anyone other than curious kids and a few curious adults...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom