What's new

Treasure hunting in N Idaho

Pyroablaze

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Hello everyone, I am new to the site, and have been reading over a bunch of the posts for the last few days. I was hoping to find some others who are in North Idaho, Western Montana, or even Eastern Washington state, who are interested in, or already involved in some treasure hunting. I am growing tired of hiking out to the old mines, and mine buildings to look for things, not that it isn't fun, but I have been trying to find some reference to a real treasure up here in north idaho, and the surrounding areas I mentioned earlier. I have been reading into the KGC treasure references, and would certainly be thrilled to go hunting for one of those if anyone out there had any leads, and needed assistance in the hunt. I have yet to find any reference to treasure around here, but I am still searching. So feel free to email me also, if that is more convienent for you, as I am assuming that is allowed here on the forums. Thanks guys
 
I lived in Blackfoot 5 years ago and had alot of fun. I am sure you will hook up with some great pertners.
 
Back in the mid '50's, I worked in the mines in Idaho, in Burke , up above Wallace, and we were only paid in silver dollars, no paper money. I've always wanted to get back over there with a detector, but never made it, (and never will now) Any way,I sure think it would be a place to go.The only thing there was to do was drink and go to the 'houses' in Wallace.
 
I didn't quite make it through Blackfoot when I moved up here about 8 years ago, took highway 84 through Twin Falls instead, figured it would be easier on the cars after the long drive. Burke looks to be a place though I could stop at. I was thinking about heading over to Taft Montana sometime soon, and Burke would certainly be right along the way also.
 
Be really careful treasure hunting in that area.

Aside from all the test bores in the rocks that may be hard to spot, 99.9% of the land in North Idaho is either Fed land, State land or it's claimed out. You're liable to catch a spade across the back of the head or shot in the back.


Seriously - be careful. And have absolute certainly where you're at and what's around you at all times...
 
I never had any problems in Idaho, but I was working and was not out everyday. Make sure that you protect yourself and stay aware of your surroundings. The roadhouses got a little rough sometimes. There was alot of drinking. If you did not utilize the B.L.M. that's about all there was to do. Have fun and good luck.
 
Hi Pyro Blaze (Not a good handle if you're going to be in the Idaho Mountains during the forest fire season)
I've been here in Idaho all my adult life and have detected since the 60's. Have uncovered 1000's of coins over the years and the usual bling and relics. Been up here in the mining belt since 1973 and it seems most everyone now has or has had a detector but most thought they could run it over the rocks and pick up a pocket full of nuggets. There is alot of Gov. regulated land also State, BLM, National Forests, Large Timber Company holdings, Wilderness Areas, and most of these are open and will stay open to you if you leave it a little better than you found it. Idaho residents are for the most part open, friendly, and great people so smile, wave and treat em' nice and you'll make alot of friends. The last 20 or so years theres been alot of people moving into this area from the congested Ca. cities and some bring attitude and don't seem to adjust well to the small town ways here. But hey if you can bring them up read the posts and topics from all over the state. Mighty AP, Gary, Montana Jim if he's still around, Gypsyheart,s done alot of good research, Mine have quite a few pictures. The advice on steering clear of mining claims is very important. One near here had a sign up that read "Anyone found hanging around here at night will found hanging around here in the morning"
Anyway come on up, check with the forest service, buy a map from them, Go dig.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom