What's new

Treasure hunting magazines???

SwampHunter

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2007
Messages
422
Reaction score
16
Golden Thread
0
Location
Samuel Watson's Old Place
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Tesoro Silver uMax, Fisher 1265X, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pointer
What are some good treasure hunting magazines that are more instructions than just stories?
 
Only One i'm aware of WESTERN & EASTERN TREASURES

see above.

The others are Mainly stories on treasures & Pics of finds.
 
W & E Treasures is the best in the states, there's some kind of metal detecting mag in the UK if you could get someone to send you one. I've looked over here and haven't seen any. I think it's just called Metal Detecting.
Does anyone on here know about it, some of you blokes from across the pond perhaps? Nudge, nudge wink wink, Bob's yer uncle - Sally's yer aunt, three quid for that rubbish? Think not, govna! Ooze the kitty and ooze the mouse now, ehh? You bet yer knickers! What the \-\e\\ ?

Yet I digress,
Ramapirate
 
I get all three of the above mentioned ones. I like the Western and Eastern and American Digger the best. Lost treasure is OK.

Since W&E help support this site I will tell you that I subscribed to them for that reason mainly. I do like their publication, it's pretty informative. :thumbsup:
 
danhughes1 said:
Western & Eastern Treasures, Lost Treasure, and American Digger are the main ones, with some gold-specific magazines out there too.

http://www.losttreasure.com/

http://americandigger.com/

http://www.goldprospectors.org/

---Dan

A fairly new one on the market is Treasure Depot Magazine. I do not subscribe to it because it is a competitive site. Just giving you another magazine name.

I subscribe to Western & Eastern Treasures (they support TreasureNet) and Lost Treasure.
 
We got Treasure Hunting and The Searcher this side of the pond,again mostly stories/finds but Searcher does valuations too.
Biggest gripe is the product reviews,guess they dont want to upset the advertisers but every machine seems to come out with a glowing report along the lines of " I wouldn't hesitate to buy/recommend this machine blah blah..."
Wish I'd found t'net before I splashed my hard earned on the quattro,some good solid advice on here.
PS Ramapirate,still using the Mary Poppins/Dick Van Dyke phrase book I see !!
 
sweatysock said:
We got Treasure Hunting and The Searcher this side of the pond, again mostly stories/finds but Searcher does valuations too.
Biggest gripe is the product reviews, guess they dont want to upset the advertisers but every machine seems to come out with a glowing report along the lines of " I wouldn't hesitate to buy/recommend this machine blah blah..."

I wish magazines wouldn't do tests if they aren't going to give an honest appraisal.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom