What's new

Treasure of a different sort.....

Florida Sand Digger

Full Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2009
Messages
138
Reaction score
29
Golden Thread
0
Location
Boca Raton, Florida
Detector(s) used
DFX w/Bigfoot coil, BHID, SMPI
Don't know if anyone is interested in Sea Beans besides me on here, but I had a great weekend for collecting sea beans. Here on the east coast of Florida we have had 20-30 MPH North East wind, which has made the sea pretty angry with 8 to 9 foot waves. With the waves comes tons of seaweed washing up on shore. Along with the seaweed come sea beans and lots of them.

My wife and I went collecting and together we found 45 Hamburger beans, 7 Sea Purses, 27 sea hearts, 1 Mary's bean, 1 Rubber Tree seed, 12 Crabwood seeds and lots of other drift seeds and beans. We collected more this weekend then we had been able to collect for a whole year prior.


HH
Digger
 

Attachments

  • Beans.webp
    Beans.webp
    36.7 KB · Views: 431
  • crabwood seeds.webp
    crabwood seeds.webp
    31.4 KB · Views: 452
  • nickernuts.webp
    nickernuts.webp
    9.9 KB · Views: 429
  • rubber mary.webp
    rubber mary.webp
    6.8 KB · Views: 401
  • sea beans.webp
    sea beans.webp
    36.5 KB · Views: 435
  • sea purses.webp
    sea purses.webp
    26.7 KB · Views: 452
  • sea hearts.webp
    sea hearts.webp
    90.1 KB · Views: 434
  • star nuts.webp
    star nuts.webp
    40.9 KB · Views: 432
Upvote 0
That's different and unique! HH

Desertfox
 
I pick them up also for good luck. While you are out checking the wrack, look for baby sea turtles (Washbacks). They live the first year of their life in the sargassum. When the sargassum gets washed up so do the sea turtles. Whatever you do, do not put them back in the ocean. They will not survive. They are brought into rehab centers and taken out to sea when healthy.
 
Be careful that one of them "Sea Beans" aren't really a Alien egg that will hatch into ..........well I don't know what. I used to pick up these and they are interesting. Heck it beats washing the leaves off the floor. :laughing7:

Nice post...
Sandman
 
Cool, I find them but don't really look for them. I did find some near an indian mound and they look just like your crabwood seeds. If ya shake them ya can hear them rattle... :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom