TreasureNet and Whites Metal Detectors forum as 1

utah1066

Nov 10, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
TITAN 3000 XD ,DFX, Minelab X-Terra 705 L Rods
I found this on Whiters Forum whom i am a member i copied it and past it for you all.A Message about White's Treasurenet Forums

In an effort to better serve our customers, White's is in the process of moving our forums on Treasurenet. You will still be able to access the forums through the Treasurenet links, but you will be re-directed to a White's site. You will notice a new look to the forums on the White's site as well.

You can expect more active forum participation from White's Engineering and Customer Service. White's remains fully supportive of Treasurenet, the premier independent metal detecting internet site.

We hope to have the forums back and up and running very soon, and are making every effort to transition with minimal downtime for our valued White's forum participants

OP
OP
utah1066

utah1066

Nov 10, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
TITAN 3000 XD ,DFX, Minelab X-Terra 705 L Rods
I know its just seems that some one jump the gun, I am glad that I found this just to know that the site will not be sutting down for good :hello2: hoping that i am right.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow... and with no warning for the longtime T-Net members. Lovely.

Bran <><

burrito_hut

Greenie
Apr 24, 2010
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
I saw the message last night that the site was being sold, but didn't know to whom.

This is the email I recieved:
Hi burrito_hut,

This is Marc Austin... creator and [email protected].

TreasureNet is the oldest and most popular treasure hunting site on the Net... we have over 40,000 members... have been online since 1994, and are consistently ranked in the top 80,000 of ALL websites in the world. With BILLIONS of websites, I guess it's safe to say, TreasureNet is in the top .008%!

In the next few days, there is a good chance that TreasureNet will have a new owner and management.

This is happening because I NEED a chunk of cash - not because I WANT to sell it. I am having to accept a LOW BALL offer out of necessity. :-(

Whatever happens, I just wanted to say thanks for visiting TreasureNet. Without our many members and visitors, TreasureNet would not have been possible.

Thanks,
Marc Austin
http://www.treasurenet.com/marc

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spooky said:
???

Kinda like your roommate inviting all of his friends over for a week and not mentioning it...
:laughing7:
or his Mother

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
I'm not sure you all are misreading this. White's had a section on this forum, which you could find by doing a google search for Treasurenet. I read this to say that White's is moving their forum portion off of here and elsewhere.

Maybe I misread it though.... :icon_scratch:

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
Baldy;

From the original poster's quote from White's: "...Treasurenet, the premier independent metal detecting internet site."

I don't think White's would spend the money, then mess-up Treasurenet. And I think that White's is good enough that they really don't need to inject any bias or propaganda.

It will be interesting to see what happens, though.

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
Mastereagle;

I just re-read it, and you have a good point there. I jumped the gun, because of Treasurenet's announcement, and made a knee-jerk assumption.

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
No Whites site anymore...? Aint been able to get on there for 2 days now....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread