TRIANGLE,BEAD,POTTERY & ANTLER TOOL?

DemonCatSpaceStar

Jan 1, 2009
People of the South Wind
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TRIANGLE,BEAD,POTTERY & ANTLER TOOL?

Hello! ;D
Hope Every one is going to start the year off right :hello2:, BUT for me 2010 is going to end pretty well! ::)

The 29th when i went out I was only going down to the river for a "HIT & RUN" ::) but ended up finding this Triangle point! YES,YES,YES!!!!! (I'm sorry but it was my first point since this summer!)

Then I found something that looked like a bead? :-\

Then something that looked like it could pottery? :-\

& then something that looked like it be an Antler Artifact? :-\ I'm thinking because the cut line around was so even around that it has to be an Artifact?

Any help would be appreciated! :icon_thumleft:
8)
Phil

Attachments

• Artifact ah .jpg
    Artifact ah .jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 508
  • Artifact ah  2.jpg
    Artifact ah 2.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 493
  • Artifact 1 Bead.jpg
    Artifact 1 Bead.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 512
  • Artifact 2 Bead.jpg
    Artifact 2 Bead.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 496
  • Artifact Antler1.jpg
    Artifact Antler1.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 482
  • Artifact unknown top .jpg
    Artifact unknown top .jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 489
  • Artifact unknown 2.jpg
    Artifact unknown 2.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 489
  • Artifact unknown 1.jpg
    Artifact unknown 1.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 485
  • Artifact Antler2.jpg
    Artifact Antler2.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 478
Upvote 0
Re: TRIANGL,BEAD,POTTERY & ANTLER TOOL?

I know zero about antler artifacts but I'd be shocked if what you just found wasn't one.

Nice find.

Very nice triangle.....Not sure about the bead.....The next one looks like a fossil....And the last one is indeed a very nice bone tool...congrats...

nice finds ,the antler piece looks like it was a knife handle by the hollowed out end,try posting the fossil in the fossil section ,it looks like it could be a mammoth tooth fossil

Well, whatever they are, I would have enjoyed finding them. A mammoth tooth would be awsome! but so would a bead and an antler tool. :icon_thumleft:

very very nice :)

Is the Antler piece hollowed out and could we see a picture of that end please?

The "Bead" looks like the round bone that is behind a fish's eye that has eroded out. We find those all the time and I don't think they are actually Beads.

The piece you thought was Pottery looks like a piece on Concretion to me.

Very nice Triangle though. I'd say you are on a Ft Ancient/Mississippian site as far as age.

Re: TRIANGLE,BEAD,POTTERY & ANTLER TOOL?

Thanks everyone for the advice & comments :icon_thumleft:, that really helps to get more info on what some of this is!

BTW Here is a look at the end of the Antler. It's not hollowed out.

Attachments

• Antler tool.jpg
    Antler tool.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 343

I'd say part of a mammoth tooth also. Google for more pics and you'll see those wavy lines. I have seen antlers with natural lines, cuts and even holes. IMO the odds are its natural, but I would have kept it too. Very neat little arrowhead by the way.

Demoncat-- good finds for sure, for sure. You got to be around AZ and New Mexico by the triangle you found. I too agree to the mammoth tooth or fossil shell (don't know). The bead is a good score. If you are in AZ and area and you want more beads check out those mean ole red ant waste dumps. The ants burrow and deposit small pebbles from their digging--this will include turquoise beads (i have found dozens just that way, scouts honor). :wink: The antler I believe was used to knapp out atal-latl points (which is what the triangle point is)--fairly sure. I knocked around down in the high AZ desert for 20 years. Just my opinion-best guess. I say you got the eye and earned the artifacts.

Stryker :icon_thumleft: Happy New Year

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back