Tried yet, another place. Still working.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed that this new way I'm hunting seems to cut down on the
overall finds but, ya know what?

2016 (628).jpg
2016 (629).jpg

The thing on the left is an old doorknob.

2016 (630).jpg

The stars of the show. ;)

'44, '54, '37 wheaties
'53 Roosie.

Three times out, three silvers. That's something new. :)

I'll take it!

Thanks for taking a moment to peek.

Upvote 13

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the nice finds WHADI. What is your new hunting technique you keep mentioning? Sorry if you already said and I missed it. It does seem to be paying off!

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds- silver is always great!

-- Jeff --

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job. Your new technique seems to be working well.

HH RN

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Bout time you started finding the silver stuff! Sweet

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're on a roll Whadi. :notworthy: keep the streak going.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice :icon_thumright: keep it up :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the nice finds WHADI. What is your new hunting technique you keep mentioning? Sorry if you already said and I missed it. It does seem to be paying off!

Thanks!

I was sort of hoping that nobody would ask. I've been thinking about how to describe what I'm doing different but, it's such a
combination of things! I'm not sure how to describe.

First of all, I've been going back over places that I and many, many others have hunted many, many times! I suppose that's a first
part of it, that some portion of the normal trash signals have been thinned out. At least when I hunt there it does, as I always take the trash with me. Second, I somehow just knew that there had to be some keepers in this ground yet! The key to me was why aren't there more keepers being found there.

Obviously, there are a LOT of reasons why that might be. But, I limited myself to dealing with just two. One, that they were deeper and maybe at the edge of my reach and two; that they were being masked. If there is anything "new" to my technique it's probably just new to me. It involves trying to stay focused on deeper signals that might not ring up as high on the VDI due to depth and that may be sitting right next to junk.

These wheaties and the dime all rang up as double blips. Like a coin on edge. So, I would immediately pinpoint the center of the two blips. Then, I'd swing back and forth. Still a double blip BUT, one blip was ringing up slightly higher than the other. So, instead of it being one signal, (coin on edge), it indicated two separate targets. One bad and one fair. I could just see people, (in a hurry), that would skip the target because of the bad signal and pay it no more attention.

Now, if one just digs EVERYTHING they'll get these as well. But, their ratio of good to junk will be high and that cuts down on good finds overall. Most don't have the time to hunt that I do and I'm learning that just *one* good find makes my day. I don't find as many quarters but the quality seems to be better. And my ratio is about 1 in 3! (clad included) I think I'd rather find 3 silvers in 3 days as opposed to 1 in a year and lots of clad! :tongue3:

Hope something up there helps somebody. :)

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have found the secret of the silver!
Now we all need sunglasses due to the silver glare from your silver streak! Congrats, awesome!

Has the Blingister developed a taste for silver coinage? Or might it be he is enamoured with the reflection he sees?

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks!

I was sort of hoping that nobody would ask. I've been thinking about how to describe what I'm doing different but, it's such a
combination of things! I'm not sure how to describe.

First of all, I've been going back over places that I and many, many others have hunted many, many times! I suppose that's a first
part of it, that some portion of the normal trash signals have been thinned out. At least when I hunt there it does, as I always take the trash with me. Second, I somehow just knew that there had to be some keepers in this ground yet! The key to me was why aren't there more keepers being found there.

Obviously, there are a LOT of reasons why that might be. But, I limited myself to dealing with just two. One, that they were deeper and maybe at the edge of my reach and two; that they were being masked. If there is anything "new" to my technique it's probably just new to me. It involves trying to stay focused on deeper signals that might not ring up as high on the VDI due to depth and that may be sitting right next to junk.

These wheaties and the dime all rang up as double blips. Like a coin on edge. So, I would immediately pinpoint the center of the two blips. Then, I'd swing back and forth. Still a double blip BUT, one blip was ringing up slightly higher than the other. So, instead of it being one signal, (coin on edge), it indicated two separate targets. One bad and one fair. I could just see people, (in a hurry), that would skip the target because of the bad signal and pay it no more attention.

Now, if one just digs EVERYTHING they'll get these as well. But, their ratio of good to junk will be high and that cuts down on good finds overall. Most don't have the time to hunt that I do and I'm learning that just *one* good find makes my day. I don't find as many quarters but the quality seems to be better. And my ratio is about 1 in 3! (clad included) I think I'd rather find 3 silvers in 3 days as opposed to 1 in a year and lots of clad! :tongue3:

Hope something up there helps somebody. :)

Sounds like you are harnessing your chi and becoming a detecting ninja! I'm happy things are working for you.

Finding deep coins, especially ones in trashy spots is challenging and very rewarding. At my old spots it's true that if it weren't for iffy signals I'd have no signals at all.

As for the double blip thing, I hear you! When I run into this sort of blurry signal that has something good in the mix, I'll often switch to pinpoint and scan the couple of feet around it and lock onto every piece of metal. Running no disc really helps.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A little silver to keep the "children" occupied! :occasion14:

GL & HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions