What's new

Trilobite 3" x 2"

TJE

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2013
Messages
1,354
Reaction score
1,159
Golden Thread
0
Location
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe this complete fella (still with exoskeleton) may be of the Isotelus genre?
From a 5" thick matrix 'Silurian layer'.
 

Attachments

  • 2013-03-23 11.56.42.webp
    2013-03-23 11.56.42.webp
    245.3 KB · Views: 144
  • 2013-03-23 11.58.10.webp
    2013-03-23 11.58.10.webp
    155.7 KB · Views: 150
  • 2013-03-23 11.57.24.webp
    2013-03-23 11.57.24.webp
    192.6 KB · Views: 163
  • 2013-03-23 11.56.39.webp
    2013-03-23 11.56.39.webp
    177.5 KB · Views: 149
I think I need better glasses. Gosh what am I missing when I go hunting?
 
Very Cool! :thumbsup: Like mamabear stated, I would most likely not reconize that as being a trilobite. Thank You for sharing and giving me insight as to what is out there to keep an eye out for. :notworthy:
 
Yes mamabear, old digger, some fossils may not be recognized at all.....
Some may take even a 3rd-4th time of studying it..and then...(the lightbulb clicks On!) ;)
Happy Easter Weekend! :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom