What's new

Trime and two coppers.

65vanman

Sr. Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2025
Messages
453
Reaction score
3,075
Golden Thread
0
Location
Meriden CT.
Detector(s) used
Minelab manticore/ Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am back at the farm fields. Saturday I found a 1852 trime and two coppers one is possibly a king George II or III the other might be a fugio? Also found three buckles, two rivits and a piece of clay pipe stem.
1000001521.webp
1000001524.webp
Sunday I found a1921-1922 New York chauffeur license, 1911 v- nickel,1928 wheat cent, the ornate piece I believe it's used for holding back drapes, the ring is horse tac and the front is silver, one buckle and half of a bull nose ring.
1000001525.webp
1000001526.webp
today I found two wheats 1916,1938,two memorial and a clad dime, two buckles and a broken padlock etc.
1000001528.webp
I'm
 
Upvote 25
Nice going !! Hard to tell on the coppers but maybe someone can spot a little something that gives their identities away.
But anyway, any time a "Trime" is found, that is a WINNER, WINNER,
WINNER in my book !! CONGRATS !!
 
Nice going !! Hard to tell on the coppers but maybe someone can spot a little something that gives their identities away.
But anyway, any time a "Trime" is found, that is a WINNER, WINNER,
WINNER in my book !! CONGRATS !!
One of the coppers I can see the date line and the head and flag on Britannia. The other I can see a line a quarter of the way up on the front and it lines up with a fugio can't see any circles on back. It took me 13 years to find my first Trime and another 13 years to find my second one.
 
I've found coppers in similar condition. They are of no value (not dollars, historical and interest) as they are. I typically work on them to try to get enough detail for an ID. I'd say that my success has been about 50%. At the end I either have a cleaner unidentified copper disc or an something of which I know the identity and probably the date. Risky business but fun.
 
I am back at the farm fields. Saturday I found a 1852 trime and two coppers one is possibly a king George II or III the other might be a fugio? Also found three buckles, two rivits and a piece of clay pipe stem. View attachment 2264497View attachment 2264498Sunday I found a1921-1922 New York chauffeur license, 1911 v- nickel,1928 wheat cent, the ornate piece I believe it's used for holding back drapes, the ring is horse tac and the front is silver, one buckle and half of a bull nose ring.View attachment 2264499View attachment 2264500today I found two wheats 1916,1938,two memorial and a clad dime, two buckles and a broken padlock etc.View attachment 2264507I'm
Great finds! Those trimes are sooooooo small! Congrats!
 
I've found coppers in similar condition. They are of no value (not dollars, historical and interest) as they are. I typically work on them to try to get enough detail for an ID. I'd say that my success has been about 50%. At the end I either have a cleaner unidentified copper disc or an something of which I know the identity and probably the date. Risky business but fun.
I will try electrolysis on them. It has worked on a few coppers before. They can't get any worse.
 
I am back at the farm fields. Saturday I found a 1852 trime and two coppers one is possibly a king George II or III the other might be a fugio? Also found three buckles, two rivits and a piece of clay pipe stem. View attachment 2264497View attachment 2264498Sunday I found a1921-1922 New York chauffeur license, 1911 v- nickel,1928 wheat cent, the ornate piece I believe it's used for holding back drapes, the ring is horse tac and the front is silver, one buckle and half of a bull nose ring.View attachment 2264499View attachment 2264500today I found two wheats 1916,1938,two memorial and a clad dime, two buckles and a broken padlock etc.View attachment 2264507I'm
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!!!!🎉
 
Great finds! Those trimes are sooooooo small! Congrats!
I am surprised that there are not many found for how small they are. It's only my second one.
 
I am back at the farm fields. Saturday I found a 1852 trime and two coppers one is possibly a king George II or III the other might be a fugio? Also found three buckles, two rivits and a piece of clay pipe stem. View attachment 2264497View attachment 2264498Sunday I found a1921-1922 New York chauffeur license, 1911 v- nickel,1928 wheat cent, the ornate piece I believe it's used for holding back drapes, the ring is horse tac and the front is silver, one buckle and half of a bull nose ring.View attachment 2264499View attachment 2264500today I found two wheats 1916,1938,two memorial and a clad dime, two buckles and a broken padlock etc.View attachment 2264507I'm
The trime is my favorite....would love to find one of those...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom