Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After a very lackluster hunt in a New York City park yesterday with other friends (friends that all found Indians and silver, one friend even found a beautiful seated 1875 dime) I redeemed myself today hunting one of my permissions.

After hunting a wooded area that I've hunted before I decided to think outside the box. There are lots of branches that fell from trees that make it difficult to swing your loop over the ground, so I decided to collect them and put them in a pile. It paid off! Aside from the normal iron nail and buzzing I got a better tone, a short tone but sweet, I carefully dug in the rocky ground learning my lesson from scratching my last Seated dime, I didn't see it at first but found where it was with the pin pointer, I saw it's size and I had a feeling it was a three cent piece, spit on a little and saw the III.

Not many other good targets in the area except the other interesting find is a very large domed button, any information or input on identifying it would be appreciated. Not sure if the ribbon on the design has writing on it I will do my best with a magnifying glass to see what it says.

Very happy with my find today especially after yesterday's six-hour hunt where my oldest coins were three wheat pennies, didn't even bother looking at the dates.

Enjoy the photos, and happy hunting!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1493598085.530864.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1493598105.554967.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1493598125.320150.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1493598141.144496.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1493598156.402297.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1493598178.346261.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1493598190.747626.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1493598208.223965.jpg

Upvote 30
Trimes rule, and that one has great toning. Good work!

Nice job on the trime! Looks like a little effort really paid off. Congrats [emoji106]

HH, RN

very nice, another awesome find

Nice! NYC would have been under Tammany Hall while that coin was circulating! :icon_thumright:

DD--awesome trine. We're also very curious about that button. It's very cool looking, and perhaps it was hole punched to become a pendant? Congrats. -Lisa & John

Congrats on digging the Trime DD. :occasion14: That coin still eludes my coil. :crybaby2:

Nice job DD never did find one them....:occasion14:

Thanks for reply, I am curious about the button also, I think I'll post it on "what is it" forum, I've gotten help with button ID's there.

Congrats on digging the Trime DD. :occasion14: That coin still eludes my coil. :crybaby2:

Thanks LD, keep searching and you'll find one. Funny thing is, out of all the different USA coins I've found so far I still haven't found a Shield Nickel.

Congrats on a great coin. I'm still hoping to dig one of those little buggers sometime soon. Not many coins left on my bucket list, but that is one of them.

Sweet little bucket lister you found, still looking for one myself!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back