Tripled my lifetime total for war nickels today. Also a button question.

BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found a couple of silver war nickels ('44 & '45) today which brings my grand total since I started metal detecting to 3.

Also found this anchor button and was curious if it's actually military or just a fashion button. There is no back marks that I can see which leads me to think it's just a fashion button. Apparently somebody put an S hook through the hole and it's rusted in there tight. Any help with ID would be appreciated.

Upvote 8
That's a coincidence! I tripled my war nickel finds yesterday ( 3 x 0 is still 0, right? Been awhile since I walked the halls of school, lol ). Wonder why that S hook is through the button?

Congrats! Nice finds! That's odd like it was an emblem on something.

It's ok OD, I have the same score with gold rings, -0- but any day now WE WILL FIND THOSE THINGS!

That's a coincidence! I tripled my war nickel finds yesterday ( 3 x 0 is still 0, right? Been awhile since I walked the halls of school, lol ). Wonder why that S hook is through the button?

Old Dude Maybe if you'd call them by the correct name OD Nickel you might find one. Naw Ya won't sorry. Good finds BladeRunner

Congratulations on the two war nickels, that button is very interesting.

Nice couple of war nicks bladerunner, in case youre wondering theres a motion to change the name to
OD nickels in honor of OldDude who is seeking his first lol, were all weird here!

Nice couple of war nicks bladerunner, in case youre wondering theres a motion to change the name to
OD nickels in honor of OldDude who is seeking his first lol, were all weird here!

Oh motion has been carried and blessed by the Charlotte Silver Mafia and proclamation signed. Its a Done deal.

Oh motion has been carried and blessed by the Charlotte Silver Mafia and proclamation signed. Its a Done deal.
so shall it be written, so shall it be done lol
id hate to ruin bladrunner's thread with our
commotion over poor OD lol!

I almost called them OD nickels in the title. :laughing7:

Dang.dang dang......
images (98).jpg

Last edited:
Nice OD nickel. I only found one this calendar year but man they're a fun find.

Congrats

OKAY WHATS ALL THIS HOOPLA ABOUT ? DEM ARE SILVER NICKLES BUT WHAT ABOUT THE BUTTON.

Hi BladeRunner; That is an Enlisted mans Naval Button circa 1812. Very common but still a nice find. Value $5 due to condition ok. Nice nickels too. PEACE:RONB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back