What's new

trouble pinpointing with new cortes

fetz

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2004
Messages
52
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
lebanon,pa
Detector(s) used
ace 250/Tesoro Cortes/ Whites Bullseye pinpointer
hope someone can help me bought the new cortes but seems alot harder to pinpoint with than i remember my eldorado being
do you guys pinpoint in all metal or sum
do u listen for when the high pitched squeal misses out or at max
my ace 250 just watch when screen says max depth and u r oo target glad i was digging in barkmulch and sand this morning and not turf
need some help
and if there is a video please post the link but love the weight glad i got rid of the mxt just wasn't the machine for me
 
Pinpointing is easy, no different than any other detector. I pinpoint in regular Disc mode, or in All metal sometimes, not in SUM mode. Just make an X. I found the SUM mode isn't good on deep coins, but is OK down to maybe 6" max. Deeper than 6" #95 will flash at times and the SUM tones will jump around too when switched to SUM mode. The coin ID in regular Disc mode is more accurate on the deeper coins than SUM is. SUM seems to require more processing and can't handle the weak singals as well as regular Disc mode. Hope this helps. I like the Cortes, had mine about 3 years. Then I bought a used Golden, I love the tones, they tell a lot, maybe as much as a meter. I tweaked the GB trimmer in the Golden to be slightly positive, now the depth seems to be the same as the Cortes. But the Golden gives only a low tone when coins are past 5.5" deep, up to 5.5" it gives a high tone on copper coins, clad, and silver.
 
thanks for the video even though it was in a foreign language i got the gist
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom