Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Boat: 20ft Four Winns w/92 V8 5.0L Cobra Mustang engine
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have been using large coils for many years on different machines. I have a Minelab Excalibur II modified so I can swap out coil. are any of you excal users familiar with the
Coiltek WOT coil 15in (orange in color)
Or the Nel Big coil 15x17?
I really want to buy one so if anyone has a preowned one laying around that you are willing to part with I would be happy to buy it.
Thank you,
Dan Lingo

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the 15" WOT and the 15" NEL Attack coils. I like the Attack the best. Both are great coils, but, I find the attack to be slightly more stable, slightly deeper, and it pin points a bit better too, Not by a lot in any category, but, since it's also cheaper, why not?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the 15" WOT and the 15" NEL Attack coils. I like the Attack the best. Both are great coils, but, I find the attack to be slightly more stable, slightly deeper, and it pin points a bit better too, Not by a lot in any category, but, since it's also cheaper, why not?
I also have both WOT and Attack coils on my excals.

OP
OP
Sandscoopdan

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Primary Interest:
thank you for confirming that. I am going to keep looking for someone that has the Nel attack coil and the Coiltek 15 WOT coil.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a WOT and a ULT 13, I think the 13 is the deepest, but also the Hottest which means it can't be used "in" saltwater. I know the WOT can be uded fine in saltwater if sensitivity is adjusted down/calmer. I tried the 13, if the water is rough or if it goes deeper than a few inches it's to noisy.

OP
OP
Sandscoopdan

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Primary Interest:
I have a WOT and a ULT 13, I think the 13 is the deepest, but also the Hottest which means it can't be used "in" saltwater. I know the WOT can be uded fine in saltwater if sensitivity is adjusted down/calmer. I tried the 13, if the water is rough or if it goes deeper than a few inches it's to noisy.
I hunt salt water so I will try and find the coil tek WOT coil. Would you be interested in selling the coiltek 15 WOT coil?

Reactions: OBN

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the beaches I've hunted, I could run all 4 of my coils (including the stock 8" and 10") flat out as hot as I could get them without a problem.

Reactions: OBN

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread