What's new

Trying to metal detect but found ARROWHEADS instead.

WildWildBill

Banned
Joined
Jan 1, 2015
Messages
474
Reaction score
630
Golden Thread
2
Location
Orange Park, Fl
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 950/White's Bullseye pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy T-netters! Always wondered when I might stumble upon some arrowheads here in Florida. With the Timucuan Indians and others native to this area I always remained optimistic. I read that in the recent past some indian artifacts were illegally obtained. Indian mounds/graves and protected sites as I read. While detecting this morning at a field site I started finding shards of flint. When I lived in Kentucky I hunted tobacco and corn fields exclusively. Today was different. So, Mr. White went back to the car and I decided to check the creek bed nearby. After about four hours of mosquitos and gnats I think I did well. The two obsidian pieces were a real shock. I usually associate those with out west somewhere. They were just above the creek bed near a draw. Has anyone ever found obsidian points in this region? I'm curious. Maybe they're repros. Doubt it. Just seem way out of place if you ask me. Nevertheless, enjoy the pics! HH!
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    53.8 KB · Views: 177
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    73.1 KB · Views: 147
Upvote 14
Wow! Nice arrowheads.
 
I agree those are some fine arrowheads.
 
Funny! Hate it when that happens.:icon_thumleft:
 
is take those babies over any metal relic anyday! that's a lot of points!

congrats!
 
Nice haul. The white one above the quarter looks like a Suwannee, resharpened a few times and a killer point.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom