Tulsa area

yelnif

Mar 2, 2013
ne okla
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Jollyone, I'm @ 45 mi. east of Tulsa- what kind of info you looking for?

yelnif

Mar 2, 2013
ne okla
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What kind of info were you looking for? I'm not sure how much I can help as I've only been detecting for @ a year now- no noteworthy finds yet, but I'll try. HH

andrewaggie

Dec 14, 2013
Hello I've recently moved out here from Cali and my dad is full blooded and I've lived here as a kid to and all the creeks around here I have been with my cousins but was wondering if there is anyone who has tried gold panning around the rose and Kansas area as I am going to try and start to with my cousins and little brother I think I know of some pretty good areas as most people don't like to walk up and down them looking for gold since the snow has allowed more water I think it would be a good time to go check the levels of water anyone else around here go treasure hunting thanks for any responses

Okdirtfisher64

Dec 22, 2018
Tulsa,Ok
Detector(s) used
F75+ fisher 11”,5” dd coils
F pulse pin pointer
Black widow headphones
Predator 31c raptor hand digger,
Whites mxt e-tracker stock 9” ,4x6,coil
Garrett AT Pro,ground shrark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
ATTN: jollyone has left the building as of August 2013......

mhwyers91

Greenie
Oct 25, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello I've recently moved out here from Cali and my dad is full blooded and I've lived here as a kid to and all the creeks around here I have been with my cousins but was wondering if there is anyone who has tried gold panning around the rose and Kansas area as I am going to try and start to with my cousins and little brother I think I know of some pretty good areas as most people don't like to walk up and down them looking for gold since the snow has allowed more water I think it would be a good time to go check the levels of water anyone else around here go treasure hunting thanks for any responses

You can find small amounts of gold in Oklahoma most people go panning on the k river but I have found some color on flint creek

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a friend who surprisingly was finding some small gold, and some of it very surprisingly a bit larger than flour gold, in the Deep Fork River not far from Chandler. I didn't believe it, so I went with him once -- and indeed, we did find a bit (we ran the dirt through a Gold Cube, and found a few very small nuggets the day I was there).

No idea why there is gold in the Deep Fork River, but I was there to see it...

Steve

TulsaPllTbFndr

Apr 3, 2013
Tulsa, OK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro(main), White's M6, White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Tulsa. Well, technically Broken Arrow but right about on the border. Lived in tulsa since 96. What kind of info you need?

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A member of the "Kansas Prospectors" FB Group posted a photo of his pan with some very fine gold found on, or an adjoining creek, near the Verdigris River, near Nowata OK. This is upstream from Oologah Lake. I believe he ran a sluice box with Dream Mat, to get concentrates he panned out. He made no mention of how much material he moved to get what looked like a couple of grams.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread