Turned a skunk box of halves into

jarlbartar

Jan 3, 2012
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to my C.U. today for a small dump. I don't do the volume of some of the big guns on here, I am only at 2 boxes a week, which probably already consumes more time than I should devote to this hobby, but I digress... Anyways, I dumped the remainder of my halve, after some creative spending with them I had around $350. With all of that low end spending to burn up the halves, I still topped off the half bag whcih the teller had lots of trouble removing and had a tough time getting the machine going again. So when the machine was finally done, it spit out a handfull of rejects; a few were pennies with superglue on them, mangled nickels, a toenail !!GROSS!! and some goodies. 2 - 1964 FDRs, a 20 Swiss Rappen, $2 Canadian, 1964 Canadian Nickel, and what looks like 2 mint damaged nickels. There is one with two deep scratches on the obverse which I thought were post mint, but the whole coin has issues - the deep scratches / cracks, the reverse side is slightly rotated, it looks like T-Jeff has a growth on his jaw / neck and the reverse has a dent on the dome of Monticello. The other nickel (1995 P) just looks like maybe a bad planchet and has some of the ridges on the sides of it.

Attachments

• coins.jpg
    coins.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 394
  • coins.jpg
    coins.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 390
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread