What's new

Turned in my metal detecting finds at my bank today.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2010
Messages
3,626
Reaction score
2,194
Golden Thread
0
Location
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Manticore, Nox 800, Etrac, F75.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So assuming coinstar machines and bank coin counters are the same hopefully Im in the right forum today as I have something to share. The coinstar machines are very accurate so when I was short changed I was able to get a bank employee open the machine and find out why. So we open the machine and find four small rubber balls the kind you get out of a vending machine. It had knocked about 2/3rds of my coins out in to collection pans for rejects. The employee gave me what was in the rejects pans and I was very happy with the two wheatie penny's I found. One was a 1943 that looked copper, but turned out magnetic. I got a few peso's also, which I collect. Ended up with about $10.00 bucks of change which wasny close. But the bank employee said if there is found a error it would be credited to my account. My back deposits the coin coinstar finds directly into my account for free. I offered to clean the coin star for free but they said no lol. Anyway, enjoy the pics, and may want to check what you got going into c wheaties.webpoinstars.
 
t_o.gif
Smart move - wouldn't it have been G R E A T if they said - yea, please clean out our counter! Thanks for sharing...
 
The 1943 copper colored penny had my attention. But it was magnetic. I dont think bronze is magnetic. But what a find that would have been.
 
Nice finds, sure wish the 1943 was copper! :occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom