Two 2 cent pieces... almost. And some rough but interesting history.

PlzBSeated

Mar 8, 2014
SW Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter, Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites MXT, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The heat finally broke as the heavens opened up today. Rained all morning. I grew impatient and decided not to wait. I went back out to where I found the dime yesterday. Love the ATPro. Can run in the rain. Of course I'm carrying a T-handle shovel over my shoulder as lightning is darting out of the clouds. Never said I was bright.:tongue3:

Gathered a collection of toasted items. But some are intriguing.

Fourcents072416.jpg

Two two-cent pieces. Sort of. You can see the two in the middle of the disc on the right. Not sure how something gets this bad.

TCPF072416.jpgTCPB072416.jpg

HudsonTagF072416.jpgHudsonTagB072416.jpg

Says "Finder please return to J.L. Hudson Co., Detroit". Wonder if I should take it to Marshall Fields?

StoreCard072416.jpgStoreCardB072416.jpg

Nice (but bent) store card. Rigby and Brothers, Charlotte MI.

FECF072416.jpg

Rough flying eagle cent. You can barely make out the bird. And the date...1858.

Finds072416.jpg

Today's finds...

1848 Matron Head Large Cent
1858 Flying Eagle Cent "holed"
1863 Store card from Charlotte MI
1864 Two cent piece
? Two cent piece "sort of"
1881 Indian Head Cent
Tag from J.L. Hudson Co., Detroit MI
Small caliber musket ball

PBS

Upvote 22
That's a pretty good day. You got a little of everything. I've never seen a two center look that bad either. Congrats!

That 2 center looks to have been in a fire

Very nice hunt and you avoided being electrocuted, great day I say! :occasion14:

That store card is civil war era. Awesome old finds for you today. Congrats

You and your lightning rod had a great days hunt!! Nice variety of goodies.............

Great- hunt. Civil War Store card is definitely a bucket list dig for me. Two cent pieces are always great to find. I have one that is way worse than yours.

Great assortment of finds. It looks like your Flying Eagle may have been used as a " whizzer toy " because of the two holes in it. Great find. That always adds a personal touch to the old coin knowing that some young child used it as a toy.

That's a really nice hand full of oldies. Congrats!

What a great day you had

Great finds, congrats on the cool coins

Too bad you got a lot of toast, but they are all keepers....nice!

I would say that was one fantastic day. That store card is a really interesting piece. Love the 2 centers... After a lot of years detecting, I have only come across one. Congrats.

Great assortment of finds. It looks like your Flying Eagle may have been used as a " whizzer toy " because of the two holes in it. Great find. That always adds a personal touch to the old coin knowing that some young child used it as a toy.

Agree. I was thinking the same thing when I found it.

PBS

Nice collection of finds! Congrats and HH

I'd take a toasted 2 center or a flying eagle like those, Sweet hunt!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back