What's new

Two 2 cent pieces... almost. And some rough but interesting history.

PlzBSeated

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2014
Messages
502
Reaction score
4,934
Golden Thread
1
Location
SW Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The heat finally broke as the heavens opened up today. Rained all morning. I grew impatient and decided not to wait. I went back out to where I found the dime yesterday. Love the ATPro. Can run in the rain. Of course I'm carrying a T-handle shovel over my shoulder as lightning is darting out of the clouds. Never said I was bright.:tongue3:

Gathered a collection of toasted items. But some are intriguing.

Fourcents072416.webp

Two two-cent pieces. Sort of. You can see the two in the middle of the disc on the right. Not sure how something gets this bad.

TCPF072416.webpTCPB072416.webp

HudsonTagF072416.webpHudsonTagB072416.webp

Says "Finder please return to J.L. Hudson Co., Detroit". Wonder if I should take it to Marshall Fields?

StoreCard072416.webpStoreCardB072416.webp

Nice (but bent) store card. Rigby and Brothers, Charlotte MI.

FECF072416.webp

Rough flying eagle cent. You can barely make out the bird. And the date...1858.

Finds072416.webp

Today's finds...

1848 Matron Head Large Cent
1858 Flying Eagle Cent "holed"
1863 Store card from Charlotte MI
1864 Two cent piece
? Two cent piece "sort of"
1881 Indian Head Cent
Tag from J.L. Hudson Co., Detroit MI
Small caliber musket ball

PBS
 
Upvote 44
Quite a variety there - was it a home site, school, church?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom