What's new

Two hours at the Colonial beach

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2013
Messages
1,632
Reaction score
3,078
Golden Thread
1
Location
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey folks! There's a few whatsits in this bunch. Dug a few coins, all of which are pretty roached. There's only two that are identifiable. One is an 1812 half penny, the second one from this site. The other is the 1816 sixpence. Found a silver plated button on the way to the shore as well. There is a ton of brass, copper and old lead on this beach!!! I've been stock piling the lead behind a big Rock above the high tide mark and will go back and get it when I feel ambitious lol. I must have dug over 5 pounds of it yesterday and at least a couple pounds of brass spikes. The mystery items are the door knob looking thing, the ornate pewter piece and the eyeball find...that non metallic pencil or sharpening stone thingy. Any ideas? The rest is self explanatory. Thanks for looking and HH!!














https://www.youtube.comwatch/?v=23KREliQMP8
 
Last edited:
Upvote 12
The second picture is an old suspender clip. Right?

Nice looking set of finds. Congrats!
 
Yes that's correct. I think Victorian Era suspender or sash buckle
 
all nice finds
 
Nice finds! Better than my new colonial site. I'm jealous;)

Congrats on the nice digs

Steve
 
congratsyoudidgreat-1.gif
 
Thank you fellas! I had a blast. Can't wait to get back down there and get mucky again!!
 
That one piece looks like some sort of foundry casting maybe they pour silver you know some sort of pot metal in there and make some sort of object pretty interesting
 
It's possible. The concave side is plain, but the convex side is pretty! Lots of intricate design
 
GOT SOME COOL RELICS . THE ONE LOOKS LIKE A OLD PILL CASE.
 
The lead is mostly chunks of lead (all low alpha), some flat, some rolled pieces a few net weights too. The copper and brass are spikes and 1/4" thick plates about 7x7" No idea what they were used for. I hid it all so I can go back and get it later. Lots of weight there. Too much to drag around
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom