What's new

Two Interesting Heart Breakers and a Bald Eagle

Airborne80

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2005
Messages
1,022
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Classic
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found these broken points and while recovering it... saw a beautiful Bald Eagle perched in a tree on a cliff above me. I wish that I had a better camera for the eagle. I have seen two of them hanging around my house. I am going to get some killer photos someday :D Does anyone have any thoughts on the I.D. of these points? I find so many unusual pieces around here, I think its hard to tell sometimes. Thanks for looking.
 

Attachments

  • crude hp.webp
    crude hp.webp
    53.2 KB · Views: 390
  • crude hb2.webp
    crude hb2.webp
    58.5 KB · Views: 381
  • dark rough.webp
    dark rough.webp
    11 KB · Views: 363
  • dark rough2.webp
    dark rough2.webp
    12 KB · Views: 374
  • dark worked.webp
    dark worked.webp
    45.4 KB · Views: 368
  • dark base.webp
    dark base.webp
    40.5 KB · Views: 358
  • DSC00002.webp
    DSC00002.webp
    32.2 KB · Views: 353
Wow! Nice eagle picture. We have them nesting year around about two miles from my house along the river. When they are airborne and catch the sun just right their white heads appear to glow! Been trying to catch one with my camera but they are too far off. I've watched them fly down and capture fish out of the river many times. Exciting animals for sure. Monty
 
Upvote 0
Nice pic of the eagle...but I don't think that your points are actually points. They show no indication of being knapped or worked...I would say that they are geofacts. Try posting in the American Indian Artifact section of this site...
 
Upvote 0
Nice pic of Bald Eagle.
 
Upvote 0
romeo-1 said:
Nice pic of the eagle...but I don't think that your points are actually points. They show no indication of being knapped or worked...I would say that they are geofacts. Try posting in the American Indian Artifact section of this site...
I agree with Romeo on the first one but not the second,often the older projectiles were crude,also workmanship was reflected by the quality of material they had available.....that is not good material.
 
Upvote 0
gotta love them eagles :thumbsup: took this pic january.. i find points all the time on the river
 

Attachments

  • eagle09004.webp
    eagle09004.webp
    11.5 KB · Views: 194
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom