Two little indians kissing, gold plate and silver. Another keeper but what is it

musclecar

Oct 15, 2006
Nampa Idaho
Detector(s) used
White MXT
This piece is a another find from Alaska, and looks to me like maybe a cane top. It may also be a part of an expensive bottle top, but I don't know. That is why I am posting yet another item. You all are great at coming up with answers :) After doing my daily thing,,, included MD every chance I get, I love reading the TN posts! So, I will contribute every chance I get.

This piece is copper, with gold plate, and the indians and corn are silver. WHAT IS IT?? TY for your answers 8)

MC

Attachments

• indians1.jpg
    indians1.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 410
  • indians2.jpg
    indians2.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 388
  • indians3.jpg
    indians3.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 371
  • indians4.jpg
    indians4.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 359

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
Re: Two little indians kissing, gold plate and silver. Another keeper but what i

musclecar said:
This piece is a another find from Alaska, and looks to me like maybe a cane top. It may also be a part of an expensive bottle top, but I don't know. That is why I am posting yet another item. You all are great at coming up with answers :) After doing my daily thing,,, included MD every chance I get, I love reading the TN posts! So, I will contribute every chance I get.

I'll take a stab at it from the opposite side and offer an opinion as to what it isn't. It isn't two little Indians kissing. At least let's hope it isn't. Those are two Indian chiefs, which means they are both dudes. The representations may or may not be of real chiefs. If they are, you might be able to narrow things down as to what it is.

Upvote 0

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Ferrule : A ring or band around a pipe's shank. Commonly seen materials for pipe ferrules are acrylic, silver, horn and bone.

I did not know it had a specific name... pretty cool. And, just read that they are also part of bagpipes, flagpoles, other instruments, plumbing (?), and swords... I guess ferrules are everyware!

So depending on the size?

Upvote 0
T

TreasureTales

Don't know what it is, but I want one!!! That's a totally cool looking thing. Course, I like anything with an Indian on it...especially 2-1/2 dollar gold coins! ;D ;D

After careful consideration, I agree that it could be a pipe stem collar...from a CORN COB pipe. hehehe

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread