What's new

✅ SOLVED Two-pronged stamped brass buckle

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2016
Messages
1,755
Reaction score
2,395
Golden Thread
0
Location
South St Paul, MN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any buckle experts here? Found along a river near a fort that goes back to the mid 1800's, although it has been in pretty much constant use since then, as well. It is the first one like it that I've found. My first thought was a knee buckle, but then I realized that we're not in that era around here. And this is stamped brass, not cast. Could this just be a type of suspender clasp that I haven't seen before?

nSq2N0A.webp

Notice that there is a little bit of "fancy" on the crossbar. It also appears that it may have been gilded at one point.
 
Wow, that’s a beauty, someone will pipe up and answer your question
 
Upvote 0
Nice design on it, can't really tell you what it was for though beyond the obvious.
 
Upvote 0
I would say suspender clip, early 1800’s. Nice one!
 
Upvote 0
My first thought was pants or underwear buckle, but as Plug N Play suggested, it's more likely to be a suspender buckle. :thumbsup:

Very nice find,
Dave
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom