What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Clothes iron? And a what is it.

Dr Plugs

Full Member
Joined
May 30, 2023
Messages
162
Reaction score
1,310
Golden Thread
0
Hi everyone, I figured I'd post a couple of items here I found at an early site. This is the site where I found the 2" 1lb cannonball. Other items have been found here including many brittish half pennies, knee buckles, and a counterfeit 8 reales, along with a one piece eagle button, I believe is war of 1812 era. And many various tombac buttons.

There is a fort marker within a couple hundred yards of this site, but it only gives a rough idea where the fort may have been. We believe we found the spot where it sat. The first item is a clothes iron, the air bubbles are from the crude mfg. process I believe. The other item Is a "what is it". I understand we may never know what these items were made for but has anyone got an idea what the second item is?

Thanks in advance for looking/guessing.
 

Attachments

  • 20250616_191710.webp
    20250616_191710.webp
    837.2 KB · Views: 129
  • 20250616_191720.webp
    20250616_191720.webp
    568.5 KB · Views: 99
  • 20250616_191801.webp
    20250616_191801.webp
    711.1 KB · Views: 108
  • 20250616_191809.webp
    20250616_191809.webp
    697.1 KB · Views: 110
The point looks like it was designed to be pounded into wood.
 
Upvote 0
The point looks like it was designed to be pounded into wood.
It does, some of these items its hard to tell what they were for, as alot of "tools" were made on the fly to satisfy a certain need at the time. I just wasn't sure if anyone had ever seen anything like it. Sometimes someone is like yea, I know what that was.
 
Upvote 0
Those slots are big. The saw for it to set would have to have a thick gauge, probably the circular headsaw or trim saw in a sawmill. If it's a wrest, it would have to be thick to bend a heavy gauge saw, and long for leverage. The right angle of the handle is difficult to visualize for use in a wrest. It's a puzzler.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom