Two proofs on a low-volume day

jamesandsons

May 14, 2013
WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My bankroll is about zero right now, so I'm back to very small quantities. Yesterday I did $40 in nickels and $10 in cents. Got a crazy nickel roll with a 2009, two pre-1960s, and a 1988 S proof. Also got some sort of Asian 50-something piece with a reeded edge; haven't looked in to it yet but it isn't old.

After getting the proof nickel, I was thinking about how I'd never found a proof cent. Was actually thinking about creating a thread to ask about how common proof cents were, because I don't recall ever hearing of anyone finding them.

Then I opened my cent rolls, and what do you know: out pops a 2004-S. It has the same thick rim as the 1994-D I posted about a while back.

Not making any huge scores value-wise, but it's nice to know you can at least still have fun at this hobby even with only a little bit of money to throw around.

Upvote 0

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
My bankroll is about zero right now, so I'm back to very small quantities. Yesterday I did $40 in nickels and $10 in cents. Got a crazy nickel roll with a 2009, two pre-1960s, and a 1988 S proof. Also got some sort of Asian 50-something piece with a reeded edge; haven't looked in to it yet but it isn't old.

After getting the proof nickel, I was thinking about how I'd never found a proof cent. Was actually thinking about creating a thread to ask about how common proof cents were, because I don't recall ever hearing of anyone finding them.

Then I opened my cent rolls, and what do you know: out pops a 2004-S. It has the same thick rim as the 1994-D I posted about a while back.

Not making any huge scores value-wise, but it's nice to know you can at least still have fun at this hobby even with only a little bit of money to throw around.

Coin-grats!

Still looking for a proof cent!

Found at least one of every other denomination but cents.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread