What's new

Two Really Really Big Coins

flyadive

Bronze Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2012
Messages
2,251
Reaction score
1,618
Golden Thread
0
Location
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My mother in law gave these to me. She graduated from Atlantic city High school . The twenty dollar piece is engraved
" ACHS 25th Reunion 1974"
They measure 3" Dia X 5/32"THK and have mold seam around perimeter.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465305116.084747.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465305132.718608.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465305188.228715.webp
 
Upvote 22
Wow, you weren't kidding, they are BIG !!!
 
Are you sure those aren't fancy manhole covers? :laughing7: Very cool!
 
Toss a few of those under a waterfall and you'll change the course of the river!
 
awesome mother in law.
 
Anyone know what they were made for ? souvenir?
 
Big bucks, Big bucks, money, money, money,money !!!!
 
It came to me like a ton of bricks....
I think ... Well they are novelty coasters!
I solved it myself! ( patting back)
 
Yes, these are souvenir coins. They were pretty common at amusement parks when I was a kid. (not sure about these days) I had a penny that my parents bought me like 40 years ago from Magic Mountain if I remember correctly.

Thanks for posting, it brings back memories.
 
I'm just dying to hear one of THOSE beasts under my coil ! BEEEEEEP !!!!.....Ddf
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom