What's new

Two silver halves and a... 1920 Mexican coin?

Joined
Jul 9, 2010
Messages
67
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
So i picked up the box of halves today and went home to sift through them. Found a couple 40% 66 and 68, and was almost done. then I'm going through a roll and I see a brown coin. At first I thought it was just in really bad shape. Then I realize the writing on it was in a different language. Turns out the 1920 10 centavos Mexican coins are exactly the same size as an American Half :laughing7: I was actually pretty excited since thats older than any other coins Ive got from this :wink: Has anybody else picked up something like this coin roll hunting?
 

Attachments

  • Winter 2010-February 2011 057.webp
    Winter 2010-February 2011 057.webp
    71.2 KB · Views: 414
  • Winter 2010-February 2011 058.webp
    Winter 2010-February 2011 058.webp
    69.5 KB · Views: 415
  • Winter 2010-February 2011 059.webp
    Winter 2010-February 2011 059.webp
    78.6 KB · Views: 403
Upvote 0
awesome score!!! i have never seen anything similar to that in my searches, sorry...but awesome score! keep it up and hh!
 
that's a beautiful coin!
great find!
 
Cool find, but it's bronze instead of silver. I once found a 1898 British Penny in a roll that's copper. I kept it cause it's cool. Good Luck on future hunts. : )
 
Nice coin find. Worth keeping it for your collection.
Congrats
rileyboy
 
frankiefry said:
Cool find, but it's bronze instead of silver. I once found a 1898 British Penny in a roll that's copper. I kept it cause it's cool. Good Luck on future hunts. : )

For the record, while an equally cool find; your 1898 British Penny is also bronze.
 
Thanks guys i thought it was pretty cool too :wink:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom