What's new

U.S. bullet ID help

sonnyjam

Full Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2009
Messages
110
Reaction score
63
Golden Thread
0
I found this in an old barn. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
 

Attachments

  • DSCF7369.webp
    DSCF7369.webp
    44.6 KB · Views: 185
  • DSCF7370.webp
    DSCF7370.webp
    65.6 KB · Views: 173
  • DSCF7371.webp
    DSCF7371.webp
    30.8 KB · Views: 173
US = United States Cartridge Co. The round might be a .22, but not sure, but one of the experts should chime in soon with the correct size!

Mike
USAF Retired
 
Upvote 0
I think its bigger than a .22. It weighs 8 grams. I guess its not very old, huh?
 
Upvote 0
Based on how it looks against the ruler, it appears to be a .36-caliber. If I recall correctly, the "raised" US headstamp on a rimfire cartridge means it is from the early half of the Indian Wars era. The United States Cartridge Company was established in 1869, so this cartridge cannot predate that year.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom