What's new

U. S. R. ?

gary s fl

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2005
Messages
269
Reaction score
61
Golden Thread
0
Location
Jacksonville, Fl
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Explorer II, Excalibur, Aquasound, TDI, GB 2, Quick-triggered CZ-21, AU-21, G2, Comprade 7" & 5.5"
Primary Interest:
Other
Found at an old park. Probably aluminum. Only weighs .4 grams but is tuff. Any ideas what the letters stand for and what it may have been part of? ???
 

Attachments

  • DSCN3239.webp
    DSCN3239.webp
    24.7 KB · Views: 392
  • DSCN3243.webp
    DSCN3243.webp
    27.8 KB · Views: 372
Part of a heel tap?......naw, probably too small. Monty
 
Upvote 0
kind of hard to figure that one without more info, unless you actually saw one it would be speculation
 
Upvote 0
It is almost certainly something related to the WWI United States Reserves. Much of the Military in WWI was made up of Reserve and National Guard Units. If you search U.S.R. or United States Rerserve for WWI, on EBAY or GOOGLE, you should find something related to it. I personally believe that what you have is a part of a uniform button. Good Luck.

DaChief

Here is a collar insignia of the U.S.R.
 

Attachments

  • USR1.webp
    USR1.webp
    8.4 KB · Views: 189
Upvote 0
DaChief I think your right, the similarity of the lettering is very close. Also, the depth at which it was found would place it in the WWI time frame. What it is exactly is still a mystery without being able to match it. Thanks guys for the help. I thought it was dead until Monty chimed in. I'll give a few more days then check it green. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Well, it's a piece of something and just identifying a piece of something is really tough. I wish you luck. Monty
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom