U/W Headphone Amplification

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know of any AMP for your MK II. If you are wearing a hood you are missing more sounds. BYW, don't cut holes in your only only hood because the cold water really kills the ear canal. Aside from trying to control your breathing so you can hear the beeps, I don't think there is much you can do. I had no trouble hearing my CZ-20 while wearing a hood as it has a good volume control.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know of any AMP for your MK II. If you are wearing a hood you are missing more sounds. BYW, don't cut holes in your only only hood because the cold water really kills the ear canal. Aside from trying to control your breathing so you can hear the beeps, I don't think there is much you can do. I had no trouble hearing my CZ-20 while wearing a hood as it has a good volume control.
Dennis,I do use controlled breathing,it's the deeper faint targets I have a problem with, Thanks for the reply!!!! God Bless Chris

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm lucky, I still have good hearing, at least for now. Hope you find something to help you out.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
What machine are you using and are the HP's bone stock?

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Factory Original. Bone stock.

Do you think something like this would work..Just made one for a diver, said the stock excalibur phones were always slipping off and he also had a hard time hearing the tones well, he has used it once and said it helped alot. JW Fisher, and I think the Old XL SeaHunters used them also...

DSC_9215.jpg
DSC_9182.jpg
scott1.jpg

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Been working on several different sets of Piezo/IP68 cones trying to get the best setup without using a AMP..So far the smaller the Piezo, the higher the pitch but the faints come thur much better. Been using a Doc's Amp for several years to pull the faints that can't be heard at the beach, have learned alot about headphones from the UW Greg Ghost to the Bone stockers. It's amazing what one can miss just because of Noise Pollution, hopefully I can come up with the utimate set before I retire...after that my research will take a back seat to hunting.

DSC_9121.jpg DSC_8812.jpg

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe (OBN), great job. You are my Hero of modification. Thank you

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Been working on several different sets of Piezo/IP68 cones trying to get the best setup without using a AMP..So far the smaller the Piezo, the higher the pitch but the faints come thur much better. Been using a Doc's Amp for several years to pull the faints that can't be heard at the beach, have learned alot about headphones from the UW Greg Ghost to the Bone stockers. It's amazing what one can miss just because of Noise Pollution, hopefully I can come up with the utimate set before I retire...after that my research will take a back seat to hunting.

View attachment 638776 View attachment 638775
You got me tinkerin!!! Thanks

trsrseeker

May 10, 2011
FL / NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field, Excaliber 11, Sovereign, CTX 3030
OBN I really like that solution for the Excal underwater!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread