Jun 22, 2013
Cedar Rapids IA area
Detector(s) used
Manticore
AT Pro
E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit what was once a farm house in another part of town. So far I've found too of these spots and it seems like every time I go there I find something new and interesting. Like the other farm house, this one is now part of the city I live in. I've hit it probably 15 times with both the AT Pro and now the E-trac. Like my other recent posts, it seems like I've gotten a little more game and advanced to the next plateau on my metal detecting skills. Despite being pounded by me (and I know other people have been there from the crappy plugs I've found), I still keep on finding things.

Today I found a bobbin from what I suspect was a fairly old sewing machine and the gear first. I'm pretty sure the gear is from an Elgin pocket watch I found two years ago. The only part I found was the piece that included the maker's name and serial number engraved on it and this came from the same spot. Tracks back to the late 1880's. Now that doesn't mean this site goes back this far, but I'm pretty sure it's fairly old as I've found brass oil lamp parts. Then I ended up finding a wheat (1916 I believe) and then my first wheatie spill (1944 and two from the 1950's).

The find of the night was the Unidentifed (UI) Asian coin. Seems like I've found one on every pre 1930's house I've been to (including one coin that someone told me dates to the late 1700's). I think this is the first Asian coin for this site. It's the first I've found with a triangular hole. If any one has an idea of what it is, where it came from, and when it came from, I'd be deeply obliged.

20151017_193154.jpg
20151017_193219.jpg
20151017_193232.jpg
Asian coin.jpg
Oriental coin 2.jpg

Thanks for reading my post!

Last edited:
Upvote 5

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on those finds. :occasion14: Don;t you like it when a new detector or upgrade opens up pounded sites for new treasures. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
F

Fourman110

Jun 22, 2013
Cedar Rapids IA area
Detector(s) used
Manticore
AT Pro
E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting