What's new

Saturday & Sunday Morning Hunt Brooch & Asian Button

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2010
Messages
13,022
Reaction score
28,184
Golden Thread
1
Location
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
On Saturday and Sunday, I got out for two hours each day before it got too hot onto a farm field behind this house that I've hunted several times over the years.
This is another one of those no-till fields, so when any finds pop up, I consider it a gift as far as I'm concerned.
I found the brooch first, a small horseshoe, a couple of one-piece flat buttons and then the face of a two-piece Asian-looking button.
If anyone knows what the button represents in Asian culture, I'd be interested to know. :icon_scratch:

I've also included before and after restoration pics. :thumbsup:

Thanks very much for looking,
Dave
20260620_112242.webp
20260621_101304_resized.webp
20260621_101544_resized.webp
20260621_102735_resized.webp
20260705_150647.webp
20260705_150813_resized.webp
20260705_163449_resized.webp
20260705_150713_resized.webp
20260705_163515_resized.webp
20260705_150731_resized.webp
20260705_163409_resized.webp
20260705_163418_resized.webp
image000001(3).webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 15
I just did a Google Image search and this is what I found on my button. :icon_scratch:

This is an antique Victorian-era picture button, likely made of brass. The design depicts an Asian-themed scene, possibly featuring a figure with a broom near a Japanese lantern. Similar buttons are sometimes associated with "Opera Mikado" or geisha designs.
 

Attachments

  • 20260705_163409_resized.webp
    20260705_163409_resized.webp
    286.5 KB · Views: 19
  • il_1140xN.3210171025_j778.webp
    il_1140xN.3210171025_j778.webp
    138.4 KB · Views: 19
  • il_1140xN.3210171173_cbbl.webp
    il_1140xN.3210171173_cbbl.webp
    99.7 KB · Views: 18
I just did a Google Image search and this is what I found on my button. :icon_scratch:

This is an antique Victorian-era picture button, likely made of brass. The design depicts an Asian-themed scene, possibly featuring a figure with a broom near a Japanese lantern. Similar buttons are sometimes associated with "Opera Mikado" or geisha designs.
Very cool, that's a sweet find for sure!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom