bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, I have to pipe in on this one. I had the fortunate opportunity when I was younger to witness a fireball and I'm not talking one off in the distance. I was at a Christian camp at Summit Point, Md. A friend of mine and I snuck off during one of the seminars one night and went exploring in the woods. It was about 9:30 p.m. and dark out. We were coming through the woods near the edge of a clearing when all at once we saw bluish white light coming from being us and making the tree shadows go crazy around us. At the same time we heard a very audible sizzling sound and then suddenly a fireball streaked over our heads and towards the open farmland in front of us. It had blue white flames streaking hundreds of feet behind it. It seemed to be going at least 2 to 300 miles an hour. From our perspective, the heart of it appeared to be the same size as you see a full size moon out, but it seemed to be only a hundred or so feet over our heads. I wish to God I had had a video camera ready at that instant because it was the most spectacular sight I have ever seen.
Now, I'm no scientist and I never saw this thing impact, but I can't imagine it not burning things around it when it did impact. That thing was plenty hot flying past us.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread