sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Its been awhile since i have posted anything but as soon as i can get a picture up i will. Anyway i got a call sunday from my best best friend mom that he passed away after flown to the nearest hospital and passed because of a blood clot to the brain. H e had been sick for sometime and when we would talk he would ask when we going detecting even though he had lost the ability to walk . I remember saying sure as soon as you feel better we will go. He knew alot about the civil war and had many books that are sought buy others. Many books on buckles arms, ammo you name it he had it. Went to see his mom and she said that he told days before he passed that he wanted me to have the books and i cried so much that i could not speak for a time. He was so dang smart and he will surely be missed its like im numb in a dream . They say the good die young Joe was 52 years old and was one of the good ones that pass and it will take me some time to get over, i had spoke to him couple weeks ago and last thing he said was i love you brother and tell your wife the same. Moderator you can move this and as soon as i get a pic of the books i will post it. Rest in piece my friend and someday we will meet again .

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for your loss!! Sounds like he was a Great guy and a hell of a friend...

Diamondman307

Sep 20, 2016
Stockton, CA
Detector(s) used
Pioneer EX, Garrett GP Pointer, Bounty Hunter Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I...I don't even know what to say...to lose your best friend...my most sincere condolences to you...:sad7:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to see you posting, Sutphin, but I am so sorry you lost a good friend friend. 52 is much too young to die.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You have my sincere sympathy sutphin. Sorry to hear about your friends passing. I bet he appreciated you as much as you did him. Good friends, I mean really good friends are few and far between. Looking forward to you pic of the gifts.

Doc Arey

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2011
Occupied Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800 WHITE MXT & NEW VX3 a At Pro and a few others
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sorry for your loss he sounds much like my best friend who went way too quick. I think of him so often and how much we had in common. Its so sobering sometimes and I wish you the best.

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's so sad. He knew you would treasure those books, and think of him when you used them.
What more could a person ask then to be honored as a best friend?
My condolences to you.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that hurts. My 60 year old brother had a stroke back in September. A blood clot to the brain as well. He wasn't able to barely speak for a few days. He still has difficulty remembering certain words. He also lost his ability to read, write, add, subtract. I had to take guardianship of his affairs. Anyhow, I can empathize with this situation all too well recently. Sounds like a wonderful and knowledgeable fellow. 55 here so 52 is way too young to go. I have seen more younger folks having strokes recently. Something's changed for the worse. Sincere condolences to the mother, family and yourself mate. Every time you open those books may memories of your blessed relationship with this man flood your mind and bring you joy for having had the quality time to spend with him. God bless.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about your friend, my condolences.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry to hear sad news like this. My condolences to you and his family.
True friends are hard to find. Treasure the memories and especially the books he wanted you to have.
Honor him with a hunt for the Civil War relics he loved when you are ready.

FFFPatriot

Feb 21, 2017
Montana
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II, 4 Kidde brand smoke detectors, and 1 carbon monoxide detector I bought from Home Depot (can't remember the brand).
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My sincere condolences. Too sad to see a good friend pass.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for your lose Sutphin. You are among friends here, we'll help if we can.

HH, RN

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry for your loss. Everytime you MD, think of him and how much the two of you would enjoy hunting together.
HH
dts

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for your loss Sutphin. Its always hard to lose family or friends when they are so young.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sorry to hear that, so hard to lose someone that close. Keep memories of him going and keep your head up. Who is cutting onions around here?....:sadsmiley:

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sorry to hear of the loss of you friend. Condolences to you and his family.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very sorry to hear about the passing of such a good friend. I'm sure you will think of him often as you read some of the books that he wanted you to have. 52 is way too young to go. May he rest in peace.

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's always a shame to hear the passing of anyone, but a good friend is even harder.

You must have meant a lot to him, if he felt it important enough to leave you some things that he valued himself.

Don't be a stranger to his family as I'm sure in time they are going to want to hear about their son from you, as it relates to your finds and metal detecting stories.

He may be gone, but it doesn't mean you can't share your memories with them. It all helps in the healing process.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions