Unexpected small button cache

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My hunting buddy and I went over to a commercial area not far from one of our usual hunting grounds. We had driven by this open field that borders a parking lot jam packed with semi-trailers countless times and on the way back on Sunday figured we had an hour to spare. There are no private property or posted signs on the lot nor realtor signs so we figured we would park, start swingin and just move on if approached and told to leave.

Well, glad we check the lot out. We started along the lot border which had a natural pine tree border. First pine tree my co-hunter checked was giving him great signals all over the place. He called me over and for the next hour we were plucking sterling silver buttons from 2 to 3 inches down. Each was marked 925 and we ended up pulling 28 in total (I scored 10 and he scored 18). Have no idea what or why these were there....only guess is maybe a dump from one of the trailers next door? But why? Anyway, made the day end in a fun way. Planning on going back to see if anymore can be found or what else this lot (of which we only checked one tree) has to offer! :)

In the pics below, everything but the buttons was found previously to us checking out the button lot. Last pic is of (3) buttons that I cleaned up. Ended up nice and shiny :) Looks like they have either the Celtic knot or some celtic design.

Thanks for looking and stay warm all you fellow hunters here in the NE.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Upvote 7
OP
OP
TwoYewts

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks guys!

OP
OP
TwoYewts

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks gang. Yeah, we couldn't believe it either. We were scratchin around that pine tree like (2) chickens looking for feed. Anyone watching must have been scratching their heads wondering what we were up to especially with one of us every couple of minutes saying to the other "Got another one!"

Argentium, unfortunately the earing was costume jewelry. Dug that up at the park that we had started the day of at along with the Woodstock charm and all the clad. Park is usually full of events whether sports or fairs so we always tend to walk away with at least some clad.

Thanks for looking!

Happy Hunting and stay warm

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh my yes! That is so much fun! When you get into a cache like that and just keep pulling them out.

Looks like a great call on the place!

WTG!

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now that's a lot of sterling silver buttons! I just love how silver still shines up so pretty no matter how long it's in the ground. Congrats on a great find.

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
:notworthy: Wow! :notworthy: Your 28 sterling buttons are a super cache, plus a very cool design! :notworthy:

I'd be thrilled to dig just a couple like these - but 28 - you guys rock! :icon_thumright: Andi

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh wow, those buttons are great!, nice size to them as well!

Awesome digs!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's pretty darn neat, good luck at that spot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread