What's new

It pays to go back

cudamark

San Diego Ring Finder
🥇 Charter Member
Top Banner Poster
Joined
Mar 16, 2011
Messages
15,096
Reaction score
20,176
Golden Thread
1
Location
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 2 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My buddy and I returned to an empty lot that he's hunted before, and I've eyeballed for a while now. There used to be a house on it that originally was built in the late 1800's. It's had dirt pushed around a bit over the years, so, I'm sure some targets are buried too deep to find, and others that might have been removed altogether. Anyway, a guy was weed-whacking the lot, so, a good time to "get the coil to the soil" Not much found starting out away from where the worker was doing his thing, but, after an hour or so, he left, so, we swooped in. The first thing found as by my buddy. A walking half dollar literally on top of the ground! Good grief! He also found a nice ornate brass hinge. I was over by some remaining foundation and found the Sterling buckle. A few feet away, I got the button. I figure it's probably a fire department button. Later research by my buddy shows that one of the early owners was the first fire chief in that town. Maybe his? Maybe from some other fireman when the house burned down much later. Also found the "solid brass" buckle, pretty, but, junk earring, a working flashlight, and the Paul Revere token. The buckle and button cleaned up nicely!

20260203_201954.webp
20260204_094026.webp
 
Upvote 33
Very nice! Congrats!!
 
Those did clean up nicely, well done! A walker on the surface means they aren't all too deep.
You would think so, but, the sign was down about a foot and a half, and it's not all that old. Some dirt has been pushed around on that site.
 
Nice finds! Congratulations and thanks for sharing!
 
My buddy and I returned to an empty lot that he's hunted before, and I've eyeballed for a while now. There used to be a house on it that originally was built in the late 1800's. It's had dirt pushed around a bit over the years, so, I'm sure some targets are buried too deep to find, and others that might have been removed altogether. Anyway, a guy was weed-whacking the lot, so, a good time to "get the coil to the soil" Not much found starting out away from where the worker was doing his thing, but, after an hour or so, he left, so, we swooped in. The first thing found as by my buddy. A walking half dollar literally on top of the ground! Good grief! He also found a nice ornate brass hinge. I was over by some remaining foundation and found the Sterling buckle. A few feet away, I got the button. I figure it's probably a fire department button. Later research by my buddy shows that one of the early owners was the first fire chief in that town. Maybe his? Maybe from some other fireman when the house burned down much later. Also found the "solid brass" buckle, pretty, but, junk earring, a working flashlight, and the Paul Revere token. The buckle and button cleaned up nicely!

View attachment 2243351View attachment 2243350
Good collection of finds for any day. Id be happy with that lot.
 
Nice going Cuda
 
I like that Sterling Security sign.
 
My buddy and I returned to an empty lot that he's hunted before, and I've eyeballed for a while now. There used to be a house on it that originally was built in the late 1800's. It's had dirt pushed around a bit over the years, so, I'm sure some targets are buried too deep to find, and others that might have been removed altogether. Anyway, a guy was weed-whacking the lot, so, a good time to "get the coil to the soil" Not much found starting out away from where the worker was doing his thing, but, after an hour or so, he left, so, we swooped in. The first thing found as by my buddy. A walking half dollar literally on top of the ground! Good grief! He also found a nice ornate brass hinge. I was over by some remaining foundation and found the Sterling buckle. A few feet away, I got the button. I figure it's probably a fire department button. Later research by my buddy shows that one of the early owners was the first fire chief in that town. Maybe his? Maybe from some other fireman when the house burned down much later. Also found the "solid brass" buckle, pretty, but, junk earring, a working flashlight, and the Paul Revere token. The buckle and button cleaned up nicely!

View attachment 2243351View attachment 2243350
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom