🔍 UNIDENTIFIED , I found this under a Japanese tunnel here in the Philippines.

Eduard25

Greenie
Oct 21, 2022
Screenshot_2022-10-26-17-32-57-315_com.miui.gallery.jpg
Screenshot_2022-10-26-17-33-02-701_com.miui.gallery.jpg
Screenshot_2022-10-26-17-12-50-531_com.miui.gallery.jpg

Not only two but 6 pieces were found.
Do you have any idea if what kind of iron metal is this? Or it can be a platinum? Was this stuff existed already during World War II?

Last edited:

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats really neat. I dont know much about this stuff but I did a bit of searching and the S30400 marking might indicate that its stainless steel.

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
View attachment 2052508 View attachment 2052509 View attachment 2052510

Do you have any idea if what kind of iron metal is this? Or it can be a platinum? Was this stuff existed already during World War II?
So you are believing this is platinum.
Yet your picture shows the testing is being done with a diamond tester.
Well hot diggity dog!
We have seen it all.

Tell you what.
Go buy yourself some hydrogen peroxide, fill a glass container, put item in.
Take a picture, post it.
Not harmful if 10% or under.
The reaction will not harm the metal.

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats really neat. I dont know much about this stuff but I did a bit of searching and the S30400 marking might indicate that its stainless steel.

You can bet that with all those stamps, someone will THINK it's valuable. A bunch of random, meaningless impressions, IMO. Probably lead.

Obsessive is correct that S30400 is a grade of austenitic stainless steel. Austenitic stainless steel was patented in 1912 and '304' grades have been around since 1924. Here's the same mark as on your ingot, but on the head of a stainless steel hexagonal bolt (a relatively modern one), although I don't know what the letters 'THE' stand for:

Stainless.jpg

Your other 'ingot' has the same mark but 'in reverso' (mirror image), as would be the case from an impression of such a bolt:

Mirror.jpg

I agree with Kray Gelder that the marks are likely meaningless in relation to the 'ingots'. Heaven knows what they are made of, and you haven't provided any information that might give us a clue (size/weight/density, hardness, magnetic properties, the degree to which they have been exposed to soil conditions and whether you have cleaned/polished them... etc). The '304' grades of austenitic stainless are usually slightly attracted to a magnet, but less strongly than for standard stainless, although there's no particular reason to conclude that the 'ingots' themselves are made from steel.

It would seem that some kind of joke is being played, although it isn't clear when, by whom or on whom.

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
View attachment 2052508 View attachment 2052509 View attachment 2052510

You're one of the most successful treasure hunters that has been on this forum in months.
Congratulations on your latest and great treasure.
Have you contacted a diver to go and get those tons of gold yet.
And here you are with another amazing ingots that are maybe Platinum.
We should all be so lucky.
Truly you must almost royalty amongst your friends and family.
Such luck and fame-

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
Those are lead bars stamped with random markings to fool the unwary.

They are what a scam artist would plant then pretend to find and display as proof that they had found the location of a Yamashita treasure cache.

Then they'd ask if anyone wanted to buy the 'authentic' map they had for the location or send money so they could look for more 'treasure' there.

It's not a total loss then, you can make some lead sinkers to go fishing with them.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The long lost pot metal of Yamashita. The most precious substance Japan had access to by late 1945. Laboriously hidden throughout the Philippines in hopes that one day the Imperial Army could reclaim it and once again use it to cast the vital components of their Nambu firearms.

coast40

Apr 3, 2015
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Simplex Lite, AT Pro, Fisher Gold Bug, Fisher F2, TRXs, CarrotZ, Lesche diggers, Bobcat excavator
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The long lost pot metal of Yamashita. The most precious substance Japan had access to by late 1945. Laboriously hidden throughout the Philippines in hopes that one day the Imperial Army could reclaim it and once again use it to cast the vital components of their Nambu firearms.
'THE' is the Chinese manufacturer of the bolt. Founded in 1978...
"Our logo " THE" is recognized as the best brand of Stainless Steel Fasteners."
http://www.the.com.tw/E/body.php

OP
OP
Eduard25

Eduard25

Greenie
Oct 21, 2022
You're one of the most successful treasure hunters that has been on this forum in months.
Congratulations on your latest and great treasure.
Have you contacted a diver to go and get those tons of gold yet.
And here you are with another amazing ingots that are maybe Platinum.
We should all be so lucky.
Truly you must almost royalty amongst your friends and family.
Such luck and fame-
My aim here is to ask, verify or identify if they have any ideas for me to know. Well, if you think you are knowledgeable enough please let me know. You came here to enumerate all my inquiries, so meaning you are one of my fans?...

OP
OP
Eduard25

Eduard25

Greenie
Oct 21, 2022
Those are lead bars stamped with random markings to fool the unwary.

They are what a scam artist would plant then pretend to find and display as proof that they had found the location of a Yamashita treasure cache.

Then they'd ask if anyone wanted to buy the 'authentic' map they had for the location or send money so they could look for more 'treasure' there.

It's not a total loss then, you can make some lead sinkers to go fishing with them.
I understand if that is on your mind. Well, I can not change it and I respect your opinion. We have differences. You is you and me is me.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My aim here is to ask, verify or identify if they have any ideas for me to know. Well, if you think you are knowledgeable enough please let me know. You came here to enumerate all my inquiries, so meaning you are one of my fans?...
Well what do you have to say about the proof of the head of the stainless steel bolt stamp?

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well what do you have to say about the proof of the head of the stainless steel bolt stamp?

Yes... and particularly since you said "I found this under a Japanese tunnel" although the stamp on the 'ingots' couldn't be before 1978.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread