What's new

Unknown badge need help identifying

Target

Greenie
Joined
Jan 9, 2013
Messages
19
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Location
Deer Park/ Spokane, WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.webp it says Fern Walker, Methow, WA, Merry XMAS 1907
 
Upvote 20
I can't really tell how big it is, but it looks like a novelty luggage ID tag that was given to her as a Christmas gift in 1907. Very nice and unusual personal find! I wonder if she has any relatives still in the area.
 
It is only 3 inches tall and two and half inches wide! I think you are correct about novelty I think it's a lot of trouble to go through to have it inscribed! It was a cool find one of my favorites! I will be checking on relative! Thank you
 
It's definitely the right size for a luggage tag. Certainly one of the nicer personal items I have seen posted here and unique in that I have never seen another like it. Kudos to you for trying to find one of Fern's relatives and congratulations on the find. :thumbsup:

If someone here has a subscription to a site such as Been Verified (I just had to cancel mine the other day, but would have gladly done a look up for you) or similar they may be able to easily find Fern's relatives. Some of the better researchers here like MackayDon should also be able to help you find relatives.
 
Last edited:
Very nice tag with a personal touch.
 
Awesome find, congratulations. Notice how the slot at the top was "holed out" to accommodate a chain link maybe. It could have been on the collar of a large dog, goat, or pony that was a Christmas gift for Fern! Best of luck on the research. Sub 8-)
 
This is why I love this site so many helpful people! Never thought about a animal tag but it would make sence as a Christmas gift! I will keep researching but yes this was one of my favorite finds! Hard to find such cool stuff in the NW! Thank you Sub!
 
Id say that tag is on target,neat,vanzutphen
 
That is a cool find, I love finding stuff with character and history and the inscription makes yours a real winner! Congrats.
 
Ancestry.com has the name listed as well but the DOB conflicts with the news paper article that Jeff PA posted. Maybe close kin? Interesting find and will be even more interesting to see what turns up.

.FernWalker.webp
 
Last edited:
Found a better posting on FamilyTreenow.com. This sounds more like the person in the news paper article.

FernWalker2.webp
 
DonDigger you have probably nailed it! I found this badge in Spokane and the dates are perfect and area is perfect! You have greatly helped my research! Again Thank You for the time you took to help me I will keep you posted on anything I find! You Rock! Target!
 
Target, good luck with trying to locate her decedents! And thanks for the comments. This is one of the reasons I enjoy this forum so much.

Don
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom