What's new

unknown bullet

DutchGap1864

Tenderfoot
Joined
Nov 7, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I found this bullet today the caliber is 50 it look like a enfield but i did not think enfield had solid bases please look at the pic and if u know what id please let me know thank you
 

Attachments

  • bullet.webp
    bullet.webp
    42.3 KB · Views: 265
  • bullet2.webp
    bullet2.webp
    44.5 KB · Views: 254
It looks like some type of Picket. WELCOME to the forum! Nice find, Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Was there an Enfield with a solid base? Looking at the pictures I can see what appears to be a hex shaped twist to the sides like some of the Wentworth’s have. Doesn't look like most Wentworth’s but I thought of them when looking at the pic's. I will try to look in my bullet book tonight if I can.
 
Upvote 0
It is shaped like a Wentworth, but I am not finding a Wentworth in .50 caliber. Wentworth's had hexagonal sides and flat bases. I can't find an example of an Enfield with a flat base in .50 Caliber. What is the length and weight of the bullet? That might help. Monty
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom