BuckleBoy
Platinum Member
- Joined
- Jun 12, 2006
- Messages
- 18,159
- Reaction score
- 9,723
- Golden Thread
- 4
- Location
- Moonlight and Magnolias
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 4
- Detector(s) used
- Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,
Has anyone seen anything like this? Looks like a heraldic lion or griffin's head with long crossed ribbons, trident, or similar. There is writing around the entire edge but I can't decipher it. On the reverse there is writing reading left to right, looks like multiple lines. I can't read it so not worth a photo of the reverse even with a closeup. I'm leaning towards token rather than holed coin. Size can be seen in the photo in mm. (ever so slightly larger than a quarter).

Hope someone can help. Site dates from 1870-1910 but we have found earlier items, including a capped bust half dime and an 1840s seated coin.
Best Wishes,
Buck
Has anyone seen anything like this? Looks like a heraldic lion or griffin's head with long crossed ribbons, trident, or similar. There is writing around the entire edge but I can't decipher it. On the reverse there is writing reading left to right, looks like multiple lines. I can't read it so not worth a photo of the reverse even with a closeup. I'm leaning towards token rather than holed coin. Size can be seen in the photo in mm. (ever so slightly larger than a quarter).

Hope someone can help. Site dates from 1870-1910 but we have found earlier items, including a capped bust half dime and an 1840s seated coin.
Best Wishes,
Buck
Last edited:











