What's new

Unknown Part......

timekiller

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2009
Messages
3,853
Reaction score
966
Golden Thread
1
Location
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this over the weekened in the same area as the carburetor part & ford 6volt battery connector.As you can see it has a T-handle & is made of brass/bronze :icon_scratch: very heavy for size.Only has the one outlet. :dontknow: I see no markings on it so have nothing to go on for what it could be.Any ideas??
Thanks,
Pete, :hello:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0005.webp
    IMG_0005.webp
    46.8 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_0006.webp
    IMG_0006.webp
    58.7 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_0007.webp
    IMG_0007.webp
    25 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_0008.webp
    IMG_0008.webp
    39.1 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_0009.webp
    IMG_0009.webp
    84.9 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_0010.webp
    IMG_0010.webp
    75.4 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_0011.webp
    IMG_0011.webp
    67.6 KB · Views: 318
It looks like it threads apart..... My first thought is to wonder if there's a spring and diaphragm in it. I want to say a device to attach to a radiator to keep the pipes from knocking around (forgot the name for it)......but I could be WAY off...... :icon_scratch:

I think the part marked Zenith, could be from an old glass fuel filter.....like the one pictured.
 

Attachments

  • 12023a_resized.webp
    12023a_resized.webp
    78.3 KB · Views: 281
Upvote 0
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
last item looks like a tractor in line gas sediment trap
Brady
 
Upvote 0
Took the piece in question apart & it seems to have old burnt oil residue in it.Smells like it anyway.Maybe somekind of old oil filter/strainer :icon_scratch: seems small for that.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0012.webp
    IMG_0012.webp
    42.4 KB · Views: 208
Upvote 0
Looks like it attached to a bearing or something else that would need grease. You filled the resevoir with grease, and as you turned the t-handle, it would force the grease out the bottom hole and into the bearing. Every little while as a person walked by the greaser, they could turn the handle a little bit and keep the shaft or bearing well greased.
 
Upvote 0
Timekiller said:
bigcypresshunter said:
Thanks all,BCH I'm purdy sure it is off a carburetor I'll see if I can find the pick again showing it mounted.It has to do with the float chamber.
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:
You are correct. Cant believe those eBay ads. :D I remember now it was carburetor but I cant find the old post.



I think the part in question is an automatic oiler/grease thing for an old hit and miss engine as mick described.
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
mick56 said:
Looks like it attached to a bearing or something else that would need grease. You filled the resevoir with grease, and as you turned the t-handle, it would force the grease out the bottom hole and into the bearing. Every little while as a person walked by the greaser, they could turn the handle a little bit and keep the shaft or bearing well greased.
Thanks mick56, a grease cup makes total sense. :thumbsup: I can't find one just like it but the ones I did find are close enough for me. :wink:
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:
http://www.oldengine.org/members/inzero/
http://www.old-engine.com/graymotr.htm
 

Attachments

  • taylorrear[1].webp
    taylorrear[1].webp
    30.6 KB · Views: 163
  • TaylorOrigGreaseCupInside[1].webp
    TaylorOrigGreaseCupInside[1].webp
    10.5 KB · Views: 134
  • graymotr[1].webp
    graymotr[1].webp
    36 KB · Views: 171
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
Timekiller said:
bigcypresshunter said:
Thanks all,BCH I'm purdy sure it is off a carburetor I'll see if I can find the pick again showing it mounted.It has to do with the float chamber.
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:
You are correct. Cant believe those eBay ads. :D I remember now it was carburetor but I cant find the old post.



I think the part in question is an automatic oiler/grease thing for an old hit and miss engine as mick described.
Thanks for the help/look.
Take Care, :hello:
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom